Ashes to Embers

Psalm 113:1-9

Psalm 113 is a PRAISE Song which begins and ends with "Hallelujah," which is Hebrew for "Praise.  Praise God Forever."  What a beautiful beginning and ending of Praise!  I pray my new life in Christ will continue to be as beautiful.  It began when I was 12 years old and I am now 80 for one more month.  May it end as beautiful as it began with Praise to God,
         This Psalm has only three divisions: verses 1-3-A praise to the Name of the Lord; verses 4-6-A celebration of the Glory and Mercy of the Lord; and verses 7-9-An illustration of God's Grace.  Another short Psalm with an Explosive Praise & Worship to God!
         So let's begin with Psalm 113:1-3-(CEB)-

"PRAISE THE LORD!" 
(That sounds AGAIN like a good beginning!  Start here and you can't go wrong!)

"You who serve the Lord-PRAISE!"
(Now you know who the Psalmist is speaking to!  So PRAISE!)

"PRAISE THE LORD'S NAME!"
(Psalm 135:1-3; The Psalms are full of Praise;  A song comes to my mind-
         "The Name of Jesus is so sweet,
         I love its music to repeat,
         It makes my life full and complete,
         The Precious Name of Jesus. 
         JESUS, oh how sweet the Name!
         JESUS, Every day the same! 
         JESUS, Let all saints proclaim-
         The precious Name of Jesus!

"Let the Lord's Name be blessed from now until forever from now!"
(Daniel 2:20-"...Blessed be the Name of God FOREVER and ever...")

"From sunrise to sunset, let the Lord's Name be praised!"
(Isaiah 59:19; He even tells us when to praise God.  It is now sunrise so- PRAISE THE NAME OF GOD FOREVER AND EVER!"  He is worthy of our praise!)
         In the Bible a name was associated with the person as it revealed their character personality.  Sometimes their names were changed in order to connect more clearly with their call of God on their life.  For instance: Jacob's name was changed to Israel.  Jacob meant "supplanter, the heel". And Israel meant "Prince of God, prevailing with God".  His new name was given by the angel he wrestled with in Mahanaim.  Read it in Genesis 32:1-2, 28-30;)

         Ready to turn to Psalm 11:4-6-(NKJV):
    1. "The Lord is high above all nations,"
    (Psalm 97:9-This has been put to a song now just as it was in the Psalmists day!  He is not     limited to time nor territory; Psalms 7:17; 47:2)

    2. "His Glory above the heavens."
    (Psalms 99:2; 8:1; it cannot be contained in this universe!; Paul-2 Corinthians 12:1-4)
    3. "Who is like the Lord our God," ?
    (There is none like You!  Isaiah 40:25)

    4. "Who dwells on High," ?
    (Isaiah 57:15-Our future as Christians is to "dwell in a High and Holy place with Him...")

     5. "Who humbles Himself to behold the things that are in heavens and in the earth?"
    (He humbles Himself for us!  These questions above are all answered in God; Psalm 11:4-He is there , "His eyes behold,...His eyelids test the sons of men."  He is checking us out and helping us because He sees us all the time.  Song- "He was there all the time,"...)

         Now we will consider what He does when He sees us in Psalm 113:7-9-(TEV)-:

    1. "He raises the poor from the dust;"
    (1 Samuel 2:18-example of beggars and the poor; Psalm 72:12-14-"He delivers the needy ..." Even though they may be picking from the garbage heaps, He cares for them to bring them out to Him.  How humbling for God Almighty!  He cares about us regardless of a low social standing.)

    2. "He lifts the needy from their misery,"
    (He has better plans. Trusting God through mental stress, He raises us up from the trash heap of the world.)

    3. "And makes companions of princes, the princes of His people."
    (He helps the down and out as well as the up and out.  Both are in need of His Love and Care.  Their social standing is immaterial to Him; Job 36:7-He sits with kings who serve Him.)

    4. "He honors the childless wife in her home;  He makes her happy by giving her children." 
    (1 Samuel 2:5-God provides whatever is needed!  In Bible times this barren woman was considered without significance or joy.  Here is a physical need God meets.)  All rejected ones  are His concern.  He understands them as JESUS was rejected by man in Isaiah 53:3;  also in Mark 12:1-12 "the STONE which the builders rejected" has become the Chief Cornerstone for the church. 

         The answer to it all is in Psalm 113:9 which concludes with:

  "PRAISE THE LORD!
Need I say more?  Yes I must say:

"PRAISE THE LORD!"

         Next time...