Up Hill All the Way!

Psalm 122:1-9

David is hailed as the author of Psalm 122.  He writes of the Israelites now at the temple gate within the city walls.  They have already seen the city and the temple from afar, but now the city gates have opened to them and they are within. 
         Psalm 122:1-2-(CEB)-says it all. 
"I rejoiced  with those who said to me, 'Let us go to the LORD's House!"
(Isaiah 2:2-3-"Come, let us go up..." And this is my prayer today; Psalm 42:1-2 personal cry; when in exile the Israelites cried to be at Jerusalem-Psalm 137:1-6)
         Psalm 122:3-5-(NKJV)-tells us of their joy in arriving in Jerusalem to worship God.  So we begin with "Jerusalem is built as a city that is compact together."
(2 Samuel 5:9; 1 Chronicles 11:6-Milo was a landfill area when Jerusalem was first built.)
"Where the tribes go up, TRIBES OF THE LORD,"
(Deuteronomy 16:16-God's orders which they carried out in spite of all they had to go through to get there.)
"The TESTIMONY OF ISRAEL,"
(Exodus 16:33-34)
"To GIVE THANKS TO THE NAME OF THE LORD!"
(Read Psalm. 105:1-5)
"For thrones are set for judgment, the thrones of the House of David."
(Deuteronomy 17:8-13-there were places of civil government as well as worship in Jerusalem.  The offender was brought before the priest after the council decision was made at the throne of judgment.  The priests issued the sentence in the place God chose.  If the person refused to obey then the sentence was God's sentence of death for the evil act.)
      Psalm 122:6-9-(TEV)-
    1. "Pray for the PEACE of Jerusalem!"
    2. "May those who love You prosper!"
(Peace and Prosperity; Psalms 51:17-18; 98:1-3; Remember 120:7)
    3. "May there be PEACE inside Your walls and SAFETY in Your palaces." 
(Nehemiah 6:15)
    4. "For the sake of my FRIENDS and COMPANIONS, "
    5. "I say to Jerusalem, 'PEACE BE WITH YOU!"
    6. "For the sake of THE HOUSE OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I PRAY FOR PROSPERITY."
(Nehemiah 2:10)
         We will end this section by returning to verse 1 of Psalm 122, David said,
(NKJV)-"I WAS GLAD WHEN THEY SAID UNNTO ME, 'LET US GO INTO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD!"

PEACE IS THERE IN GOD'S HOUSE!

LET US GO INTO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD!

TO GOD'S PRESENCE!

IF WE LOVE GOD THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO BE!

SO ACT LIKE IT!

GOD IS WITH US ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

       Next time...