Chapitre deux: Cat fights and surprise visits

Chapter two.

**Mackenzi's POV**

I turned around and saw Ethan in front of me, he gave me a small smile and I returned it.

I thought he was going to scream at me or insult me, instead he did something unexpected he pulled me into a tight hug, that after the initial shock I returned.

After what seemed like forever we pulled apart.

"Why?" Was all he said and it made me feel like shit because you could hear the hurt in his voice; I knew what he was talking about. Yet I couldn't bring myself to tell him the truth, so I played dumb.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?" He asked. "I thought something had happened to you."

"Um, I really don't want to talk about it yet." I told him with a pleading face. The look on my face told him I wasn't ready.

He just nodded and changed the subject.

"So, you have changed" he said as he looked me up and down. "A lot."

"Thank you." I said as I felt a blush creep up my neck.

"You're very welcome." He said.

He smiled at me as the conversation came to an unconfirmed end and the bell rung signaling that our time was up.

"Hey Kenz, I gotta go meet coach. Give me your number real quick?"

I nodded and recited to him my number as he typed it in his phone.

"I'll text you," He said and I nodded "see you later Williams."

I smiled. "Bye Winters."

I turned and started walking towards my next class with the smile on my face. Then I saw her. Megan, my sister's sworn "enemy".

"Just what I needed" I muttered under my breath.

"Mackenzi Williams? So it's true you're back" I heard. She had that squeaky voice that makes me want to rip my ears off.

I turned around and came face to face with her.

"What do you want?" I asked but I'm pretty sure it came out as a hiss.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to say you have changed a lot." She sneered and I could tell by the way she said it that she meant it as an insult.

I looked at her up and down. "You on the other hand are still the same" I said with venom and disgust apparent in my voice.

"What is that suppose to mean?" she asked clearly annoyed by the fact that I had a comeback.

I smirked at her and waved it off. "Forget it, with your IQ, I don't think you'll understand anyway." With that I started to walk away until I felt something pull my hair.

Pulling hair? Really? She really wants a cat fight?

Fine with me.

I turned around to see her smirking, again.

In that split second anger took over me. I started punching, scratching pulling her hair too. I was blinded by rage. A few kids walked by and stopped to watch the action but minutes passed until I felt hands on my waist and a firm grip pulling me away from her.

I looked at the culprit that had stopped me and he was hot, like Greek god hot. But at the moment, I was too mad to admire his hotness.

"What the hell was that for?" I asked through gritted teeth.