Chapter 16

"What do you mean she has powers? How does she have powers?" Wally started as the league and some of the team sat around discussing what Shazam and Man Hunter disused with her.

"Wally you need to calm down right now if you are going to be any use to her. She needs you to help her," was all he needed to hear from Jade to ensure the safety and protection of his Spitfire.

"What do I need to do?" those simple words caused a great deal of instruction to follow along from a small, minuscule smile from Oliver Queen himself. 

"You will have to use your connection with the speed force and her to guide her out of two earths," Batman explained as Superman continued,

"You see, she is now stuck in between out Earth and another, in which the possibility of her having powers exists. This causes for her body to physically move between the Speed force without the use of your speed to be able to reach her powers."

"So, essentially what occurred was the drug contained a chemical combination that pushed only part of her off this world. We are still unsure how, but did manage to figure you pulling her out the rest of the way would greatly benefit her as she doesn't want the powers," Man Hunter manged to continue the conversion forward.  

As MH mentioned the possibility that both may die, the Wally's face showed signs of fear. He listened intently as Man Hunter counties that the way to save his beloved girlfriend was to vib through her and try and absorb the force of her powers into himself. 

"Just so you know kid, this is up to you, because if I were to do this I'd go too fast, I could kill her," Flash stated. All Wally could do was look around and sigh. He was about to save her from powers and he knew how much that ment to her.

Arty's POV

"Hey, Billy?" I crocked out, not even recognizing the sound of my voice. I could feel the energy course throughout me. The Shazam turned himself back into his childlike self, I knew he did this as a support, showing me kids with powers isn't all bad.

"Yeah Artemis?" I smiled down at the ten year old, knowing he just wanted to help and feel apart of something, but all I needed was a hug. I grabbed him and started crying, feeling that same energy flowing through me. 

"Hey, hey, you're okay. The league figured out a plan. They want to help you." Just as he said those words, I knew it was going to come down to a life or death situation. It always did in this business. Maybe it was time to leave it? maybe it was time to start something new, I was graduating soon, college, a life, a real future? 

My thoughts where cut short as the red-head hottie walk through to see me. I jumped, backing away, I felt the powers stretching towards him. I didn't want to hurt him, I cared about him, my now powers could kill him.

"Hey, beautiful," he whispered softly. The sound of his voice only made me cry more. I loved it, I needed it. I really and truly did. 

"No, no Wally, don't come near me. I'm going to hurt you... just like I hurt Billy and Man Hunter. I can't do that to you." I cried out, I felt it charge in me. I was about to burst out and explode. All I could do was pull my wrists into my arm, trying to take the impact that was about to occur. And then all the sudden it happened. 

Wally's POV

She was so scared when I walked in, hugging onto Billy the way she did. It hurt me to see her in so much distress. All I could do to not cry was to keep going over the plan in my head, as she jerked herself away fro me. Backing into a corner she trapped herself, I could see the fear in her eyes, this wasn't going to work if she knew the stakes. 

Just as she said she'd hurt me, I felt the tingle of my powers, the super speed flow from my head to my toes, moving me towards her as I began to speed up my body, I phased through her. A strength and speed that I obtained through her was almost overwhelming, I had never experienced so much of the speed force all at once.

As I finished rescuing her, I felt her body fall into my arms, "Hey Beautiful," was all I could whisper as I saw a small smile on her face. She was free. It was over. She was my little Spitfire and boy, was she perfect.