Chapter 12 -Learning Different Tastes-

A week has passed since that little chat in the library, and we decided to go on a calm and peaceful date on the weekend. Right now we were on our way towards Blake's favorite tea house. Things has been... nice to say the least. Blake is very different from Yang, but different in a good way. While Yang is... energetic and hotheaded, it can also be tiring after a while. Blake on the other hand, is calm, collected and mysterious.

Once we arrive at the tea house, I started to smell the scents of teas in the air, something I'm not really used to, but it's quite calming.

"I see a spot there next to the window," said Blake as she started towalk towards the table.

"Alright. Say Blake, what kind of tea would you recommend to me? It's not something I drink too often," I said to her as we both sat down at the table.

"I would recommend Earl Grey tea. In my opinion, you can never go wrong with that," she said with a smile.

"Alright, thanks," I said with a smile.

Moment slater, a waiter came by and took our order, then went away to prepare them.

"So Blake, what have you been reading lately?" I asked.

"W-well... I've been rereading a book about a man with two souls again," she said, blushing slightly.

"Judging from your blush and that stutter, I presume that there are some mature content in it?" I asked curiously, causing her to blushmore.

"*Sigh* How do you read facial expressions so well?" she asked in an annoyed and curious tone.

"I learned to pick up on the little things when I was surviving at Mountain Glenn. I could pick up the smallest of sounds there and judge from how far they were and learned to read the body language during fights to predict their attacks. Reading faces however, took me a while to read them. But back to the book, if you like to read those 'mature books', well... I'm not one to judge someone's personal taste," I explained to her.

Her blush started to fade as a small smile stared to form.

"Thank you, (F/n). And speaking of judgment, I've been meaning to ask you something."

Just as she said that, the waiter came back with our teas, and we boththanked him.

"And what would that be?" I asked curiously.

"Why... did you forgive Yang like that?" she asked hesitantly.

I stayed silent for a moment, not really knowing how to answer.

"*Sigh* When... someone does something wrong, don't forget all the things they did right. Things don't happen for no reason, they happen to teach you something," I explained.

She was shocked that you said something so deep.

"Where... did you learn that?" she asked, still shocked.

"You're not going to believe me, but I learned them from gravity around Mountain Glenn," I responded, chuckling a little.