Chapter 28 -The Relic of Choice-

"Wait, let me get this straight. You want me to take the relic, and keep it away from humanity?" I asked him.

"That's correct," he simply responded.

"Why, exactly?" I asked curiously.

"The reason why is similar to why you gods hide, they are hunted down by someone powerful. And if the relics fall into the wrong hands... you can imagine what might happen next," Ozpin explained.

"I understand what you mean, Ozpin, but... *Sigh* Allow me to discuss this matter with my family, alright?" I asked him.

He simply nodded as I disappear through a portal that I created, leaving Neo with Ozpin for a little while.

"So, Neopolitan. You seam very close with, Phoenix. How come?" Ozpin asked.

Neo pulls out her Scroll and started typing on it.

'(F/n) and I went to the same orphanage when we were kids. He always protected me from bullies. But we met each other again six months, when I was alone abandoned in the middle of the streets. And from there, you can probably piece it together,' she wrote.

"I see. Then I also presume that when he meet with you again, he explained that he wasn't the same anymore?" he asked.

'Something along those lines, yeah,' she wrote.

"Now, for a more series tone. I know about your criminal past," He said.

Neo's eyes turned grey the moment he said that and started to shiver a bit.

"But, Phoenix seams to trust you. So I'll trust you as well, only because of him," he said in a serious tone.

Neo let's out a sigh of relieve, but her eyes still stayed grey for a while, until I returned.

"Ozpin, I discussed the matter with my family... we allow it," I said responded.

"I'm glad to hear that. Follow me, I'll show you where it is," he said, guiding Neo and I to the elevator.

Ozpin pulls out a key from his pocket and insert it at the lock that was at the bottom of the floor buttons. From the lock, a secret compartment is revealed, revealing another set of floor buttons, and he pushed the very bottom button.

Moments later, the elevator started to move downwards and the three of us just stayed silent. While the elevator was descending, I felt something interesting along the way. A weak radiation of power.

"Ozpin?" I asked.

"Yes, Phoenix?" he asked back.

"There's something more in Beacon that you're hiding, correct?" I asked in a serious tone.

"So, you felt her. The Fall Maiden," he simply stated.

"I'll expect a full explanation after this, alright?" I said.

"Of course," he responded.

After another minute, we arrived at the bottom floor and the elevator door opens, revealing a giant cavern with an enormous tree in the middle with some sort of gate on it.