Epilogue -The Start of a New Journey-

(A/n: Music doesn't belong to me, it belongs to MrEpicOSTs)

Ruby slowly started to regain consciousness after what happened at the tower of Beacon, but she wasn't there anymore. She was at her room in Patch. She slowly sits up and saw that her father, Taiyang, in a chair near her bed with his eyes closed. She lets out a groan of exhaustion, and this caught Tai's attention.

"Ruby," Tai started as he quickly walks towards Ruby's side, "You're awake."

"What happened?" Ruby asked.

"*Sigh* Your uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you out of there though, he brought you home safe," he explained.

She looks down and started to think, then she remembered her sister.

"Wait, Yang! Is she alright?" Ruby asked in a panicked tone.

"Ehh... She's ehh... She's going to be alright. I think she just... I think it just going to take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her," He explained in an uneasy tone as he put his hand against his face.

"*Sigh* I'm just glad too have my girls back at home," said Tai with a sad smile.

"What happened to the school? And Vale? Were they able to clear out the Grimm?" Ruby asked, still in a worried tone.

"Things in Vale are under control, but the school... it's... it's not that simple. It's invested with all kinds Grimms, but the giant beast... Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it, but it seams that someone else decapitated it. It's just... All the Grimms still feel the residual energy from the attack," Tai tried to explain.

"I did... what?" Ruby asks as she tilts her head.

"Huh?" Tai asked back.

"You said that I did a number on it, what do you mean?" Ruby asked with concern.

"I... look, that's not important right now. We can talk about this later. Things are just... kind of a mess," Tai tried to explain.

"It's always a mess," said a third voice in the room.

Both Ruby and Tai look towards the source of the voice, only to find Qrow drinking from his flask at the door.

"Mind if we have a minute?" Qrow asked.

"What, I can't stay here?" Tai asked, feeling a bit offended.

"Tai, please," he simply said.

Tai sigh as he stands up and kisses Ruby's forehead.

"I'm glad you're alright. I'll go make us some tea," Tai said as he walks out of the room.

Qrow pick up a chair and brought it next to Ruby's bed, and sits on it.

"So, how are you feeling?" Qrow asked.

"Umm... I'm kind of hurt... all over," Ruby responded.

"*Chuckles* That makes sense, after what you did," he simply said.

"You guys keep saying that, that I did something. What are you talking about?" she asked a bit frustrated.