Chapter one

Embry's point of view

"Guys I'm telling you! I saw something in the water after I got to the cliff side! It was like a big black tail." Embry had almost drowned two weeks ago and had been trying to tell his two best friends, Jacob Black and Quil Ateara, about the splashing he heard that led him to the cliff side to get back up to them and the tail he saw.

"Maybe it was a really big fish? OR A WHALE?????" Quill questioned excitedly.

"Maybe it was Ariel the little mermaid" Jacob snickered.

The thought of a mermaid hadn't even crossed Embry's mind until then and so when he went to the school library next he checked out as many books as he could about the fairy tale creatures he could and stuffed them to the bottom of his backpack

"You believe in mermaids? Oh god I'm never gonna let you live this down Newbie!" Paul howled with laughter in his mind and when Embry came across his form to meet up for patrol he found Pauls wolf form rolling around in the dirt letting out whimpers and barks that resembled the sound of laughter. The memory had hit Embry out of nowhere. He hadn't thought about that day in years.

"I don't believe in mermaids okay? I was 8 for fucks sake. I had a traumatic experience" That was what Embry had been telling himself for the last six years. He had given up on the idea of mermaids and other supernatural creatures when he was ten. He wondered if he was thinking about it due to his recent change into a shifter. "Get up man we need to start patrol so we can meet everyone at the cliffs on time." Embry reminded Paul of the plans for the pack to go cliff diving with Jared and Sam and their imprints.

Several hours later they finally finished patrol and made their way to the cliffs and phased back and put their swim shorts on before exiting the tree line. Emily came and greeted us and let us know that she brought food for everyone. After saying hi to everyone we decided to start diving. Embry went last since Paul and Jared wanted to show off and Sam went after them. Peering down the cliff he couldn't help but think about the day he almost drowned, what he wasn't expecting however was Paul to come up behind him and scream in his ear. Embry lost his footing and proceeded to fall off the cliff.

He hit the water hard and couldn't tell which way was up and which way was down. All of a sudden something grabbed his ankle fast and dragged him through the water. At a speed he could barely comprehend he was thrown onto the floor of the cave. There was only one thing that ran through his mind, what the fuck just happened?

Hi guys! So here's chapter one! Most of this story will be in third person and will contain cussing and potentially smut in the future? What do you think grabbed Embry? Let me know what you think so far!