Chapter 4

Over the course of the next few weeks Embry tried to see Ursula as often as possible. She told him all about her family in water and out. She didn't know much about her father aside from that he was human and her mother's imprint. She told him about her pod and her sisters and the few mermen that resided in her pod. He even met Jetsam and Flotsam, her eels. They spoke the same language as her, which he was slowly learning thanks to her help. Her English had improved tremendously over the last couple of weeks too. He hadn't been able to visit her lately due to a new vampire running around the territory though. So to say he was surprised when he and the others got back from patrol after chasing the red head to the cliffs, and was tackled by a cold wet body would be a total understatement.

Embry breathed in his favorite scent, a mix of salt water and fresh rain. Strangely enough the scent was mixed with blood. He looked down to see Ursusla clinging to him. The first thing that stood out to him was wherever he had previously seen faint outlines of scales, he now saw what looked like a severe sunburn that was peeling. What stood out to him next was the fact that she now had legs instead of a beautiful black tail. The final thing was the amount of blood she was covered in, despite it being like she had stepped in a tinted red pool, and the tears that ran down her face.

"What happened to you Ursula?? Are you hurt?" He held her at an arms length away and started checking over for any visible wounds. His face turned red and he was glad he was wearing a shirt for once because he noticed she was completely nude. He took his shirt off and put it on her to cover her up from Paul's wondering eyes. She shook her head quickly to tell him no and starting sobbing.

"Embry, who is this girl?" The deep voice of hid alpha asked him. Jared and Paul looked equally curious about her.

"This is Ursula she's my uh, my imprint." Embry said this a bit shakily he had been waiting to tell the guys about her for a while, he didn't know how to tell them that she was a mermaid. He looked down at Ursula who had finally realized there were others and bared her teeth and hissed at them moving closer to Embry. Embry looked back at the back and said, "I didn't know how to tell you guys, she's a little special if you haven't noticed already."

"Like helmet special or like us special?" Paul asked looking a bit concerned at Embry and then at Ursula.

"No, stupid not helmet special. Like she's a fucking mermaid special." As soon as the word mermaid left his mouth three different voices rang out at the same time.

"Is that why you keep singing the Little Mermaid in your head during patrol? I thought you were just being a fuckin weirdo."

Paul.

"Wait, Ursula like the sea witch?"

Jared.

"The elders never mentioned mermaids."

That came from a concerned looking Sam. Sam looked at Jared and asked him to go get the Elders.

"Well not exactly," Embry answered Paul's question first, " I started singing that every time I thought of her so you guys would see her or find out about her yet." He looked at Jared next, "and no Jared not like the Sea Witch," He looked down at Ursula quickly and realized he had never asked her that before and made a mental note to ask about it later. "and trust me Sam I was just as surprised as you when I found her, but can we talk more about it when the elders get here?" Sam nodded looking down at Ursula.

"What happened to you?" Ursula looked like she had finally calmed down enough to answer him again. She took a deep breath before answering,

"Embry didn't come back for a couple days so I decided to go check on my pod and see how everyone was doing and to visit Mother. The closer I got the more blood I smelt, and then Jetsam and Flotsam and some of the other companions swam by tugging their merperson with them. They tried to stop me, but I knew I needed to help if I could," her face grew angrier as she continued to speak, " That's when I saw her. The blood drinker with the red hair. She drank half my pod dry and mindlessly killed another fourth of them. She swam off before I could rip off her head." She was shaking at this point with rage. "I had to gather everyone back up and bring them back to the cove to heal. Now we're low on food and in need of herbs." She looked up sadly at Embry, "Mother is gone..."

Embry looked at her and then back at the others. All he could think about how it was his fault for not getting to that red headed bitch sooner. If he had gotten here sooner he could have saved her family, her mother. He pulled Ursula closer and stroked her hair, which was dry for the first time he had ever known her. He looked over at Sam as a silent way to ask if it was okay to bring her inside. Sam just nodded his head toward the house and turned around and walked in himself. Jared followed closely behind.

I decided to speed things up a little bit between Embry and Ursula. The "sunburn" Ursula has is where her scales fell off during her transformation into a human. Also I mean no offense with Paul's jokes, I just feel like his character would be very blunt and rude about things. Hope you enjoy!