Chapter 16

Feeling Ursula's bones break and shift and grow underneath his arms was not something that Embry ever wanted to experience ever again. He and Leah were running through the woods to Sam's house. Embry pushed himself to run faster as he saw the house in the distance. Bursting through the back door and swiping off everything that was on the table and placing her on the table he immediately started calling out for her two companions knowing that they were too far behind. Sam and Emily came running into the dining room and Emily let out a gasp at the condition that Ursula was in.

"What happened to her??"

"She went after the red head-"
"-Like an idiot" The two redheads said taking over each other's sentences. Emily jumped in surprise and Leah growled harshly at them.

"Leah, they're friends!" Embry said quickly, "They're from Ursula's world, we'll explain later." He looked back at Flotsam and Jetsam, "What happened to her though??"

"The red head sunk her teeth into and tried to tear her apart-"
"She wasn't thinking rationally Jetsam, cut her some slack"
"She knew Poseidon damned well what she was doing." Flotsam let out a sigh,

"She chased the red head to the boarder and got into a fight with her, she let her guard down at the wrong time and as Jetsam so wonderfully put it, the red head tried to tear her apart. Ursula managed to get into the water to try and escape but she followed her in. We sensed her being in danger and got over as quickly as possible and defended her long enough to get her away. But as you can see a lot of damage was already done."
"Is she going to turn?" Sam asked.

"No, merfolk are immune to the bites of land creatures." Sighs of relief came from all the wolves in the room aside from Leah who looked even more confused. Flotsam grabbed Embry's arm gently and pulled him back a little to talk to him,

"Jetsam went back to the water to get things to treat her wounds," Embry peered over to where Jetsam had been previously, "He'll be back shortly. In the mean time go take her upstairs to her room so she can rest in the mean time," He handed Embry a spray bottle, "Spray this on her wounds so that they heal faster"

"Oh is this like healing water from the other side?" Embry questioned.

"No, it's ocean water. It keeps the areas of the wound in her mermaid form to heal quicker," With a quick nod Embry gathered Ursula up into his arms and brought her upstairs to her room.

Hours had passed since Jetsam had returned with supplies and since he had left. Embry had been ordered away from Ursula's side by Sam and Emily was upstairs with the mermaid instead. Ursula had yet to wake up yet but her wounds already seemed to be better. Jacob was sitting on the couch and shaking with rage and Sam had a frown on his face.

"What's going on?" Embry asked the question that was on everyone's minds. Sams deep voice responded quickly,

"The Cullen's are back apparently. Bella left to save her leech from killing himself or something along those lines. The pixie leech came back to check on her. It turns out she has the gift of sight," Paul and Jared looked upstairs to where Ursula laid, "Fortunately for us, she can't see our future. Or anyone involved with us for that matter." The pack, aside from Leah who was still rather confused, let out a breath of relief. Sam cleared his throat before speaking again, "Bella Swan has made what side she chose very clear now. With the Cullen's back she is no longer under our protection, unless of course she's on our land." Sam directed his attention to Leah now and addressed her, "How much did Embry tell you? About our kind?" Leah shifted uncomfortably where she stood before telling him everything she could remember from what he had told her. Sam nodded, "unless you have any questions, I think Embry covered it all pretty well."

"What the fuck is Ursula?" Was what came out of Leah's mouth. Sam looked over to Embry,

"Maybe you should answer this one?"
"Ursula is a mermaid. Remember when I was little and thought mermaids were real?" Leah nodded uncertainly, "Yea, well, that was Ursula, and then a couple months back she thought I was trying to kill myself when Paul pushed me off the cliff and saved me again. It turns out her kind imprint also."

Ursula never woke up that night and Leah kept asking all sorts of questions about her.

Sorry for the short chapter! I was planning on hammering out a new chapter for each story, but things became very hectic very quickly at my house.