Chapter 12

It was a few days after Embry and Ursula had gone to the cave and everyone was gathered in Emily's kitchen including Bella, much toPaul's dismay. Ursula was the only person missing from the group and Embry was scared. He had woken up alone in Ursula's bed and assumed she had already gone downstairs only to be met with a frantic Emily who couldn't find her either. The boys had searched the woods for almost three hours looking for any sign of her. Embry checked the cove and the beach too, but she was no where to be found.

"There's gotta be a rational explantion. I mean where would she go?" Emily said softly putting her hand on Embry's shoulder in a comforting way.

"She never takes off like this. Ever!" Embry Call was officially having a panic attack.

"Um, guys?" the soft voice of Bella Swan spoke up. "A black Denali just pulled up the house." Everyone jumped up and rushed out front. Getting out of the backseat was none other than Ursula herself. Accompanying her was a man roughly in his thirties with short blonde hair and a short beard with bright blue eyes. He was wearing a black suit with a yellow and blue tie. Her eyes landed on everyone standing in the front yard.

 Her eyes landed on everyone standing in the front yard

"Uhhh. Hi?" She waved awkwardly to everyone. Her eyes landed on Bella, "Except you." She was suddenly grabbed and picked up by a familiar warm body. She wrapped her legs around Embry's middle.

"Where the hell were you??? Do you know how worried sick I was??" She looked away ashamed.

"Uncle Flounder came to get me. He got me all my papers to be a human." It was then that Embry realized she had an envelope in her hand.

"He what?" The blonde man stepped forward and held his hand out.

"Jaxel, but everyone calls me Flounder." He flashed a charming smile at everyone while shaking Embry's hand. "May I come in? I can probably explain a bit better than my niece." Sam led everyone back into the house and into the living room. Axel, AKA Flounder, stood in front of everyone with Ursula at his side. "You can call me Flounder. I'm Ursula's uncle. Ariel was my sis-" he was cut short by Paul.

"Woah, woah, hold on a minute. Your moms name it Ariel? And your uncles nickname is Flounder? Are you sure your not fucking with us and you didn't just watch the little mermaid?"

"First off, that movie is horribly inaccurate and 100% how Ursula got her name. Ariel thought it would be funny and she loved that name anyway and decided to run with it. Second off," His eyes flashed a horrifying shade of yellow, "Do NOT cut me off while I am speaking. Ever." His stance relaxed once and he returned to being a charming man. "Like I was saying, Ariel was my sister. I came to land before her because I met my late wife and imprinted on her. Once she passed I decided to start helping other merfolk who were coming to land by getting them things like passports, IDs, Social Security cards, and other things. Ursula for example, has her birth certificate, driver's license, high school diploma and some other various things to help her fit into society. " Ursula nodded enthusiastically.

"I wanted to help you out money wise, since I'll be living here. I have a job and everything lined up!" Emily and Sams face softend,

"Oh sweetie you don't need to worry about us, that's okay!" Emily said.

"Emily's right. You're family now. We take care of our own."

"It's at the reservation records. Harry Clearwater has me putting paper records into the computer and online records onto paper!" She seemed excited to be able to help out.

"Aweeee that's my Ursie! Always wanting to help out" Flounder clapped his hand on her shoulder. Her eyes turned deadly and some of her mermaid feature started to appear. Bella grabbed Jakes arm in fear.

"Don't. Call. Me. Ursie." She said through clenched teeth while her uncle just laughed at her.

"Alright, Alright I won't." He looked at Embry. "I'll be getting her for the next couple days so that I can teach her human etiquette, and how to use a computer." He wrapped an arm around his niece and smiled down at her, "Quality family time! We'll get the whole family back together!"

"Whole family?" Sam asked raising an eyebrow.

"Myself and my companions, I have the pleasure of having companions who are able to survive on land. I have four companions all of them are various types of crabs. They use a misdirection charm so people don't notice that they're a little different. They're the only family we have left from the water." He pursed his lips and thought for a second, "The only family I have left from the water, I should say."

"He's taking me to my fathers grave so I can meet him. Mother didn't know where he was buried and she was too hurt to find out." Embry nodded.

"Okay, that's good. And uh, where exactly is he taking you?"
"Seattle," Flounder resonded, "It's where I have my business set up. The human side of business I should say. I run a mechanic shop, actually. The merman side is what I did for Ursula. I do it for others also, mermaids and other creatures." He said while stroking his beard. "Ursula why don't you go upstairs and pack what you have for clothes okay? We can go shopping tomorrow too, get you some new clothes." Ursula nodded and ran up the stairs, "Can I uh, have a moment with Embry alone please?"

"Go on ahead guys, it's okay." As soon as everyone was out of hearing range Flounder pounced on Embry and slammed him onto the couch with his hands wrapped tightly around Embrys throat. He removed one of his hands and pointed at Embry, his eyes taking on the gold color they did previously and the roots of his hair started to turn blue, scales started coming to the surface of his skin.

"If you hurt one goddamn hair on her head, I'll end you. You think I don't know what you are? What your little pack is?" He pointed to the back door where everyone exited, "You think I didn't put two and two together as to how that pretty little thing got her scars?" Embry was frozen in fear, "I'll know if you hurt her. Do you understand?" One of his eyes took on the same glazed over look that Ursula's took on that day with Bella and Embry swore he could see lightning bolts in the golden eye. Before Embry could even respond to him he was suddenly freed from his grasp and Flounder was back to normal. He ran a hand through his hair and smiled,

"Hey, pumpkin you ready to go?" Embry looked and saw Ursula coming down the last two steps. Embry met Flounders eyes and Flounder winked at him letting what would have seemed like a charming smile cross his lips. Embry just nodded as that was all he could do. "I'll let you say goodbye, I'll be out at the car!" He kissed the top of her head and walked out the front door.

"Hey, what um. What did your Uncle do to help the pod?" Ursula smiled.

"He was a seer like me, and once he became one of the Elders, he gained electrokinesis."

Just to clarify how the Elders work. There are seven elders and typically they are the seven oldest of the pod and the wisest. Prior to becoming an elder they all have their own powers as previously mentioned, and after becoming an elder, I picture them going through sort of an AHS coven type thing where they do the seven wonders except it's to find out what their secondary power is. So they have different tasks to do to discover their new talent.