Chapter 7

Ursula had been back with the pack for almost two weeks now. She had to get things organized with her pod before she came back. What was left of the pod had to decide on who would take some of the elders places since Victoria had killed three of the seven elders. They also needed to find a new place to set up residence. They decided somewhere between La Push and the Makah tribe would be a good place. There was plenty of food and lots of places for hiding. They also had to put the dead to rest which took a while because they had to get rid of the bodies in case they were found by humans. Since imprinting on humans was a fairly common occurrence with their kind they had a set of rules to go by. The first rule being they had to come back to the pod at least twice a year and that if they had a child they needed to bring the child back to the water at some point. There were some other rules but the elders tended not to be very strict on them.

In the two weeks she had been back on land several things had happened. Firstly, she had convinced the pack to allow her hunt Victoria as long as one of the pack members was with her, after she almost ripped Paul's head off while he was phased there hadn't been much room for argument. Secondly, Paul and her were on good terms surprisingly. After she beat his ass he realized it wasn't a good idea to mess with her and instead they became best friend and god help whoever was the source of their anger. Jetsam and Flotsam had returned to the water also. It was difficult for them to stay out for more than a couple days at most since they were meant for the sea. Embry and Ursula had also become inseparable. She had also decided that she hated school for taking her Embry away. The final thing that had happened? She took up the hobby of stalking Jacob Black in her spare time.

After finding out that he was going to be the next one to phase , Ursula decided that she was going to keep an eye on him when the others couldn't. She had done a pretty good job at hiding this habit from him. Well, that was until she decided to get ballsy and follow Jacob to school.

Embry and the rest of the pack sat outside at one of the picnic tables for lunch and was keeping a close eye on Jacob. Seat salt and cherries and vanilla filled Embry's nose. He perked his head up and looked around confused.

"You okay dude?" Paul looked up from his huge tray of food to see Embry sniffing the air and looking around. Embry scratched the back of his head and nodded.

"Yea man, I'm good. This is gonna sound crazy but I could have sworn I smelled Ursula."

"You're not crazy dude. She's hiding in the bushes over there." Jared pointed over to a bush that was fairly close to where Jacob and Quill sat.

"What the actual fuck is she doing?" Embry pulled out his phone and called her. After a couple rings she answered.

"Why hello hunny bunny how are you today?" Her voice sounded sickly sweet and there was some crunching in the background. Probably leaves from the bushes.

Italics are Ursula

"Oh, I'm doing great babe. How are you?"

"Pretty good! Just going for a jog , gotta keep up that cardio!"

"Really because it looks like you're hiding behind a bush and stalking me."

"Well see that's where your wrong-"

"Oh really?"
"-I'm stalking Jacob Black" Paul and Jared who could hear this whole conversation and were rolling in their seats, clutching their stomachs from how hard they were laughing.

"Oh my god. Go home. We'll talk about this when I get home from patrol." With a click he hung up and stared at the bush and waited for the flash of pale skin to run back to Sam's house. Once he saw it he turned back to Jared and Paul who had finally calmed down. Kim's face, Kim is Jared's imprint, burned bright red in embarrassment at all the faces staring at them. Jared leaned over and explained why they were laughing and she let out a couple giggles. "Is she trying to give me a heart attack? I mean honestly."

"Shhhhhh. Shut up. Listen to this shit." Paul jerked his head back towards Jacob.

"-Group date. We're going to see Face Punch, Bella invited me and some friends of hers. I think it'll be fun. But do you think it's like a date date? Or like she invited me as a friend ya know?"

"This is going to go really badly isn't it?" Embry asked Paul and Jared. Paul looked pissed. Jared just nodded.

"I'll call Sam he's probably gonna want us all phased tonight, especially you Embry."

That night Embry's shift ran late as he waited for Jared and Sam to phase in. Billy had called Sam to let him know he thinks that tonights the night that Jake was going to phase. Sam met Paul and Embry in a clearing in the woods outside of Port Angeles. Jared stayed behind to run patrol on the Res. Sam barely had time to open his mouth before they heard the howl. Shortly after the howl they heard,

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?? ARE THESE PAWS? " through Jacobs mind they could see Ursula leaning against a tree, clad in a pair of high waisted shorts and a bikini top.

DANGER.

That was all that went through Jacobs head as he saw the unfamiliar girl standing in front of him looking at him like a seven foot tall wolf was perfectly normal. The other took off running towards where they could tell they were. After that all they saw was flashes of what was happening Jacob had attacked Ursula.

"JAKE STOP SHE'S A FRIEND" Embry tried to scream it as loud as he could through the link.

"Jake you need to calm down"

"Twenty bucks Ursula beats his ass into submission by the time we get there."

By the time the pack arrived Ursula and Jake were in an intense fight and Ursula had managed to wrap her arms around his neck and start squeezing. Ursula had blood on her from various bites and scratches. Once she saw the pack she threw Jacob as far away from her as possible and hissed loudly at them. Her eyes glowed bright green. Embry ran over to her in his wolf form and she just hissed and pointed back at Jake. When Embry turned around Jacob stood naked with a look of terror across his face as well as pain.

One more thing had happened since she came back too. Jacob Black had phased.