Chapter 15

Harry Clearwater was dead.

Bella Swan was suicidal.

Ursula was homicidal.

Ursula ran through the forrest, her human form long gone now, chasing after the red head. She had felt the pain in her heart of her vision coming true and took off after the red head. She had been chasing after her for about four hours now, Harry Clearwater had been pronounced dead three hours ago and Bella Swan had been pulled out of the water thre hours ago also. She had thrown Paul and Embry off her trail hours go, literally. Paul had tried to pounce on her to get her to stop and she had flung him into a tree without mercy. Embry knew now that this was part of her vision and decided to help his pack brother out. He was currently waiting with the others at Harry Clearwaters home, the pack was showing support to Sue Clearwater and her two children. Leah and Seth had yet to come home yet from school and from work, so they were mainly comforting Sue.

"She knew this was going to happen didn't she?" Paul had sat down next to Embry outside.

"Yea. I think she said her goodbyes to him yesterday. I went to go check on her at work and she had destroyed the whole place. She was crying and shaking because there wasn't anything she could do about it."

"Damn..." Paul trailed off, "She probably knew about Bella too then." Embry nodded. Paul whipped his head towards Embry, "Seth!" Embry looked at Paul confused, "Seth! Seth Clearwater! He's the next one to phase. Ursula told us to watch out for Clearwater! She said Clearwater and Quill are next! This is whats going to trigger Seths phase!" Paul and Embry scrambled out of their seats and into the house to find Sam and warn him and Sue.

"SAM!" They ran into the house only find Leah Clearwater running past them with tears running down her face. She was shaking hard too. They came to a halt in the kitchen where Sam stood with Sue and Seth. Sue had her arms wrapped around Seth while he sobbed. Sam stood with a bewildered look on his face before marching up to Paul and Embry. He grabbed them both an dragged them out into the yard.
"Sam! We need to get back in there! Seth is going to phase, Ursula said so!" Embry said in a panicked voice.

"ClearwaterS," Sam said with a blank expression and a voice void of emotion. He emphasized the S at the end of Clearwaters, "Ursula said ClearwaterS. As in multiple Clearwaters. I thought she had just mispoken." Paul stepped forward with a furrowed brow,

"Sam, Seth is the only male Clearwater that's alive, the only one that's even young enough is..." His voice trailed off as the image of Leah storming out of the house flashed through his head. It wasn't sadness in her eyes or on her face. It was pain, pure raw pain. The pain of all your bones starting to break at once. His eyes widened in realization as it clicked in Embrys head also. They heard growling from the treeline and saw a wold with mostly grey fur as well as some light brown. This wolf also had very long fur.

"Oh shit." The words came out of Pauls mouth in shock.

"Embry phase and talk to her. She won't want me or Paul to talk to her." Embry nodded and phased quickly.

Unfortunetly a fight broke out between Leah and Embry. Embry and her disappeared into the woods where Embry pinned Leah into submission and managed to get her to phase back after some time.

"What the fuck is going on???" Leah screamed at Embry and tried to cover herself. Embry tossed her the shirt he had brought with him since he wouldn't need it. She quickly put it on, "Embry what the fuck is going on??" Embry noticed the some of the injuries he had inflicted on her weren't healing quiet properly and jerked his head in the direction of the cliffs.

"Come with me and I'll explain everything okay? I promise," Leah shakily nodded and started following Embry.

"Where are we?? I didn't even know any of this stuf exsisted." She had followed Embry to a small cave on the cliff side. He laughed and scratched the back of is head.

"This is my girlfriends place, she's a mermaid, but we'll talk about that later okay?" Leah's jaw dropped, "You know all the legends right? About how we decend from wolves?" Leah nodded, "It's all true. All of it. Down to every detail. You're the first female shifter in history though." Leah scoffed and rolled her eyes,

"Of course I'm the fucking first. Just my luck."

"Harry's dad was a shifter." He swallowed, "Black, Clearwater, Uley, Ateara. Those are the three families with the strongest lineage for the shifter gene. Jared and Paul are both distantly related to you and Sam so that's where their shift gene comes from. Jake obviously gets it from his grandpa and so does Sam, he's our alpha, and Quil hasn't shifted yet." Leah looked over at Embry with sharp eyes.
"And where do you get it from, Embry? I know you don't have any distant blood." Embry looked down shamefully and kicked a nearby rock,

"I don't know, one of the elders probably had an affair. My mom won't tell me who my dad is," He said this quietly while thinking about how it had caused an uproar when he had shfited, "My dad is either Old Quill, Joshua Uley, Billy Black, or..." He trailed off knowing now isn't the time to bring up Harry potentially being his father,

"Or Harry Clearwater," She finished the sentence for him with a blank look on her face,

"I think it's probably Joshua Uley. He was known for cheating on Sam's mom, but you probably already knew that..." He trailed off again knowing that Leah knew everything about Sam from their time together. They stood in an akward silence before Leah broke it,
"So a mermaid, huh?" Embry smiled and launched into the story of how he met Ursula and continued answering questions about the pack and how shifting works. They realized that it was now sunset and decided to head over to Sam and Emilys house to get a more detailed explanation of what the hell was going on. As they exited the cave they saw something pulling itself out of the water. Embry took a deep breath in and ran towards it.

"URSULA!" Leah came up behind Embry and saw a beautiful girl, who by the way was definitly not human, she had cuts and bruises all over her and even bite marks her fin on her tail was torn and cut and was slowly splitting apart to form two black legs that slowly turned into human legs. She was naked also, but seemed to have no shame about it. Embry picked her up in his arms and carried her back to Sam and Emily's with Leah following close behind.