Chapter 14

Ursula came back on Monday just as she had planned and by the end of the weekend she had been able to defeat all of her uncles companions and had even managed to pin her uncle a couple times. Which was a big feat in itself. The merperson guard was an elite group of people who were known for never being defeated, ever. What Ursula was not ready for however, was facing Embry after her little phone call mistake. Flounder had bought Ursula a new phone after she had thrown hers so she was able to keep in contact with everyone.

Ursula walked into Sam and Emily's home and realized that no one was home. Well, no one except her imprint. Embry turned and saw her walking in and ran over excitedly to her. He picked her up and kissed her hard. Pulling away he had the biggest smile possible on his face,

"I love you too, Ursula." The smile that broke out on Ursula's face was enormous.

It had been about a week since Ursula arrived back home and she had been keeping a watchful eye on Bella whenever she was around. Currently she was spending time with Harry Clearwater at the Reservations Records. She was quietly transferring paper records onto the computer when Harry spoke up.

"You've been awfully quiet lately. That's not like you. This something to do as to why your stalkin Bella Swan like she's your prey?" Ursula sat quietly for a couple minutes before Harry sighed and went back to what he was doing. He went to grab one of the files next to her computer and she reached out and grabbed his hand.

"Avoid the woods, Harry. Please. Just avoid the woods." Harry stared her shocked for a few moments. His face slowly slipped into understanding.

"Anything else you want to tell me?" She didn't glance away from her computer a mix of her emotions crossed her face.

"Stop eating crap foods. It's not good for you." He jerked his hand away from hers like she had just shocked him. What Ursula didn't know was that before this he had been at the doctor's office getting an exam. The doctor told him that he was high risk factors for things such as heart attacks, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. She looked at him confused for a second before giving a nervous eyeroll, "I don't need to be a seer to know that it's bad for you. You should see the Antarctic mermaids." She let out a nervous laugh. Harry checked his phone and saw he had a message from Charlie Swan asking to go fishing tomorrow.

"Alright kiddo. Time for me to head out. See you tomorrow same time?" She looked up at him with a smile on her face, one that didn't reach her eyes.

"Of course Harry! Can't wait." Harry smiled at her and reached the doorway before her voice stopped him, "Hey, Harry?" He turned back around and raised an eyebrow, "Thank you, for everything I mean. Helping me adjust to life on land, helping me with this job, and keeping the pack as safe as you have. It means a lot. If I could choose any human to be my dad, it would be you. You're a good man, Harry Clearwater." Harry just smiled at her and turned around and walked out. Shutting the door behind him he flinched as he heard various things breaking inside the room he just left.

Embry walked inside of the Reservations Records house, which was just a small house owned by the Elders that kept a record of the history of the reservation. This one in particular kept record of all spirit shifter related things and was only trusted to wives and imprints of elders and those who have shifted. Harry had texted him about half an hour ago telling him to go check on Ursula. He walked into the room she had turned into an office and gasped at the disaster that was behind the door. The entire room had been destroyed and papers all over the place, glass shattered from vases and plates. There was even a window broken in.

"URSULA?!?!" he ran into the room, "URSULA? WHERE ARE YOU?" He reached the back of the room where claw marks were on the floor and walls. He looked into the corner where the scratches led to and saw Ursula curled up in the corner. Her human façade had gone away and her arms were wrapped around her legs, which were bloodied with scratches. Her talons were red with blood from scratching herself and she was shaking. "What happened Ursula?" She looked up at him and just shook her head.

"I hate my power Embry. I hate it. I hate knowing bad things are going to happen and that I can't stop them this time."
"What's going to happen, baby?" He rubbed her back and let her lean into him.

"That vision of Bella I had. Everything that happens tomorrow is her fault."
"Just tell me what you saw Ursula!"
"I can't! It's the most basic laws of sight. That I don't tell anyone anything." She burst into tears again and Embry didn't know what else to do aside from hold her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

Sorry about the long wait! I just didn't have any inspiration for the story lately and didn't want to just give you guys crap... but I have some ideas now! I'm also bursting at the seams with idea's for my other story Beauty and the Beast. I should have another update in about a week!