Chapter 13

Ursula laid on the hard cold concrete of her uncles basement at the mechanics shop, out of breath, bruised and bloody. She stared at the lights above her as they came in and out of focus through her blurry vision. Her Uncles face came into focus and she could faintly hear him asking her things. He started snapping at her and could feel herself being dragged across the concrete. The next thing she knew her bones were rearranging themselves and she could feel herself changing. She clawed at her throat and gasped for air. Water filled her lungs and like a light being flipped on she could breathe.

"No more training Ursula, okay? I mean it! You need to learn when to stop." Her uncle approached the glass tank she was in. "That's the third time in two days I've had to put you in the tank to heal. You keep going at this rate and you aren't gonna wake up." With that being said Flounder turned around and walked away. Two men approached the tank and gave her looks that said to not even try and get out. Ursula groaned loudly and flipped to face the other way.

When Ursula told Embry and the others she was going with her uncle to learn from him she wasn't lying. She just told them part of what they were doing. When Flounder had appeared out of nowhere she was surprised to say the least. When he came and got her that morning, her paperwork forging wasn't the only thing they discussed either. She told him what happened to Ariel and he told her that before he became an elder he was a part of the guard for their pod, and that he could train her to be able to fight even better than she could now. Ursula jumped at the chance to learn. She had been with Flounder for about three days now and training had started the minute they arrived. It was vigorous training, and it was helpful as well. The guard is trained for battle not only in the water, but on land as well. Flounder had various creatures working for him as well, werewolves, vampires, shapeshifters, and more. He taught her how to fight each and every one of them. The last two days however, she had been fighting Flounder himself as well as his four companions. This had been the biggest challenge out of anything because Flounder knew exactly how she fought and could predict her moves. This was because, according to him, all merpeople fight the same, whether it's in or out of the water. Thankfully, Flounder knew she was going to get injured pretty badly at some point during training and had a large tank made and filled it with their ocean water. This was so that she could shift back into her true form and heal quicker.

A tap on the glass made her turn around quickly. The taller of the two men guarding her had a cell phone in hand, her cell phone. Embry was calling her. She pulled herself to the top of the tank and let her top half out the water and grabbed the phone and answered it quickly.

"Heyyyyy!"

Italics are Embry

"Hey La, how are you doing?? Sorry I didn't get the chance to call you last night! I had patrol and passed out as soon as I got home. But how is Human 101 going???"

"Oh ya know. Just fabulous. I'm learning a lot and it's hard to take everything in. Uncle Flounder said I can come home on Monday morning, so I'll be there when you get home from school, Bree"

Ursula could just picture Embry's cute little smile while he talked to her,

"That's awesome babe! I know it's only been a couple days but I miss you! And I know you don't like to talk about it, but Bella's been acting kinda weird lately. Like she wants to come with cliff diving and stuff like that. It's weird and not like her..."
"Have you let her?"
"Nah, she's always busy when we go."
Embry paused on the other end of the phone, "Does this have something to do with your vision?"

"How's Paul doing? Not getting into any fights is he?" Embry groaned loudly,

"You know you could just say no and move on La," There was a howl from his end of the phone, "Sorry to cut it short La, but duty calls!" Ursula smiled

"Bye Bree, be safe, I love you!"

CLICK.

Embry looked at his phone in amazement. Paul walked passed and stopped and stared at Embry for a moment. He looked like nothing else exsisted in that moment aside from his cell phone. Paul stepped in front of him and grabbed the phone out of his hand. Embry looked up at Paul with awe on his face and love in his eyes.

"She said she loves me" His voice was dreamy and surprised. Paul rolled his eyes and smacked Embry upside the head.
"C'mon lover boy, we have a leech to catch." Paul grabbed Embry by his shirt and started pulling him outside towards the woods where they phased.

CLICK.

The two men standing in front of Ursula's mouths hung open at the words that came out of her mouth. Ursula looked at her phone in horror.

"WHY DID YOU GUYS LET ME SAY THAT TOO HIM. HE'S GOING TO THINK I'M CRAZY." In a panic she threw her phone across the room. It hit the wall and shattered. Flounder walked in with a red face.

"WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??"

"Well boss, our little Ursula's in love!"
"Be safe, bye I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" The shorter of the two men cooed in a high pitched voice laughing hysterically. Flounder rubbed his face and sighed turning around and walking away.

Aweee Urusla said she loves him, how cuuuute. The next chapter will be take place back in La Push. Some new characters will be introduced also ;)