First Day

Clark's Pov:
Interns. We're like the freshman of the hospital. There are currently six of us. Bellamy, Octavia, Raven, Lincoln, Lexa and I all begin our first day today. We have no idea what to expect, besides the unexpected, but mostly we're excited to meet our residents.

  My resident is Dr. Abby Griffin. Also, my mother. Some would think that would be a good thing, having my mom as my resident. Those people have never met my mom. She's responsible for the death of my father. He was sick for a long time, and after four years on the transplant list, he died on the table. At the hands of my mother, because she was too confident to let the chief of cardiac surgery perform.

   Bellamy Blake and Raven Reyes. There resident is also Dr. Griffin. They think they got lucky because she's known as the "nice one" but I think any person with half a brain will realize that Isn't exactly true after spending twenty minutes with her.

   Octavia Blake, Lincoln and Lexa woods have Dr. Indra Porter. She's tough, and some people heard that she never cried for anything. Not even when she lost her first patient. After meeting her when I was pretty young, I could see why that would be true.

And, of course, Dr. Thelonious Jaha. He is chief of the hospital. He is going to be showing us around today, telling us what to do and what not to, and I'm sure he will be giving us inspirational speeches along the way.

*beep beep beep*

The dreaded sound of my alarm pulled me out of my thoughts. I'd been too nervous to sleep.

I groan angrily and smack the small button located on top of the alarm, and roll out of bed. I'd say that the worst part of being a surgeon is the lack of sleep, and waking up at four in the morning.

Quickly, I brush my teeth, and throw on some clothes I found lying on a chair in my room, and in less than ten minutes, I'm running out to my car with a granola bar in hand.

I don't have any trouble driving to the hospital, there's usually no traffic when the sun hasn't even risen yet, but finding a parking spot is a nightmare. Next to me I see a small, blue car, and two people hop out, and I can only guess it's the Woods twins.

   I walk over to them.

   "Oh hello Clark," Lexa speaks as if she's wide awake at five in the morning. Lincoln simply waved while yawning.

   "Hi guys," I say. The three of us have gotten to be pretty good friends after medical school. Although I did know Raven, Bellamy and Octavia, I didn't really talk with them too often because they took an earlier class.

   Together, we walked inside the double doors, and made our way to the auditorium room. There we found the rest of the interns, Dr. Jaha, Dr. Griffin and Dr. Porter.

   "Welcome interns. Please have a seat," Dr. Jaha instructed. We obeyed and found seats next to the others. "Now the six of you I'm sure are friends, but put that all behind you. From today on, you are competitors. Out of the six of you here today, if you're lucky, three of you will make it to resident year, and one of you will pass your boards," he continued. "You have been selected to come here because you were top of your class, but now, you are at the bottom of the barrel. So get used to that. But anyways, go with your residents, and don't kill anyone." He finished.

   We rushed over to follow our residents, as they started to walk towards the seemingly empty hallway of the hospital. Just then, two gurneys charged in front of us.

   "Indra you take the gunshot wound. I got the brain bleed," My mother commanded.

   And so it begins.

Authors note:
   Just so you know, I know close to nothing about medicine, but one day I'd like to go into that field.
   Let me know your thoughts and suggestions... I love feedback. And please vote and comment.
   Thanks for reading! :)
*I have other stories if you're interested*