Not After That

Raven's Pov:

   "I'm not a total bitch right? I have every right to be mad?" I feel guilty for yelling. But at the same time, I don't. Bellamy doesn't reply, he just continues to drive home.

   He pulls into the driveway and we go inside. Bellamy goes to the phone to try and get ahold of his sister. No answer.

   "She's Fine Bell. She's more than capable of taking care of herself."

   "Don't you think you're being a little hard on O? You guys have been best friends for years," Bellamy finally decided to say something.

   "Not anymore. Not after that." I reply with no emotion. But on the inside I feel crushed. Maybe I shouldn't be as upset as I am.

"Okay Bellamy, I'm sorry I flipped out on your sister. But my god don't you think you can at least try to understand where I'm coming from. Sure my dad was a jack ass but come on he's blood. As much as I don't want to, I still love him."

Bellamy ran his hand through his hair. The was he does when he's worried. "Yeah I can see that maybe this wasn't the way to solve the problem, but he hurt you, Raven. And Octavia and I seeing you come into work like that is hard. We love you like family, and as far as I'm concerned, your blood. You don't give up on family."

   "So what then? You think I should just forgive her? This isn't like the time when she spilled wine on my favorite jacket. This is something that can land here in prison."

   "No. You don't need to forgive her. You just need to move on. Get past it. You need to understand that she did it because she loves you and she doesn't want to see you get hurt again."

Bellamy walks to his room, shuts the door, leaving me alone. I sigh and grab my phone. I text Octavia.

   -Hey O. We should talk.

I hit send and play the waiting game. Only I had no idea how long I would have to wait.

   I try and sleep, but I find myself tossing and turning for the whole night. In the morning, I check my phone and see I got a text.

- HEYYY BUDDYBIRDY! YOu should COME TO THE WOODSS PLACE itza blast!

I roll my eyes, and toss my phone by my feet. Of corse she's drunk.

"Bell I'm going out!" I yell up the stairs, and grab the car keys off the counter. I get in the car and drive to the Wood's house.

When I get there, I realize I'm really out of place. She's not going to want to come home. Even if I tell her I'll get over it. Regardless, I knock on the door. Lexa comes and answers.

"Lexa, I really need to talk to Octavia."

"Look Raven I don't think that's a good idea. She needs to cool down a little." It was like her words were just bouncing off my skull. She made a lot of sense, but I didn't care.

"I know. But I don't care. Octavia!"

She comes to the door. "Ok what do you want?"

   "Look I talked with your brother and I realized I haven't been fair to you. I know you love me and that's why-"

   "You just don't get it do you?" She cut me off. "I didn't kill your asshole of a father! And quite frankly I don't know why you don't believe me! What did I ever do to you that would make you think I'd even do something like that?"

"I don't know! You're the only person who's a suspect! And let's not forget about your issue." I spat without thinking. Immediately I realized that it probably wasn't the best idea.

"Leave." She huffed.

"No Octavia I didn't mean that. I wasn't thinking."

"Get out of here Raven!" Her icy words send a shiver down my spine, and judging by the tone of her voice, she means business. I take the time to see her clench her fists, her way of signaling to me that if I don't go, she'll do something she'll regret.

   I let a tear escape my eye before I turn to leave. I'm really going to lose my best friend. I don't think we can get past this. Not after what I said. And what she did.