Ohio

Octavia's Pov:

   "Hey you okay?" Lincoln runs over to me after Raven's outbreak. I don't know what I did wrong. Usually she apologizes after something like that.

   "M'fine," I say.

   I resumed filling out a chart, trying to focus more on my job then what happened with Raven. After I finish, I start scanning the halls for a good patient to treat. I find a room with a five year old boy who has been on the transplant list for two years already. He needs a new heart, and soon if he's going to see his sixth birthday.

   "Hey Mike how you feeling today?" I ask trying to make that voice everyone uses when they talk to kids. Truth is I'm not very good with kids. Or people in general for the matter.

   "Good. But I'm pretty hungry. My doctor says I'm not allowed to eat because I might get a new heart tomorrow!"

"Wow really? That's great," I awkwardly say. He doesn't seem to notice how uncomfortable I am.

He nods with a huge smile that can only brighten your day and make you smile too. I walk out of the room once I'm in the hallway I scrambled to find Dr. Porter I want to ask if I can scrub in on Mike's surgery even though we don't work tomorrow. I see her talking with Lexa and Lincoln. I noticed her quiet tone and the horrified looks on the twins faces.

"But we have no evidence, and for all we know, he died from something completely different. So you all can't treat her differently okay," Indra concludes her conversation and walks away from the Woods. What's going on?

   The rest of the shift I noticed that no one talks to me, and I receive tons of disgusted looks from nurses and doctors. I don't know what I did wrong. But I intend to find out.

On the ride home with Bellamy and Raven, I have to be the first one to say something. Because god knows they're not going to talk to me. "Okay what did I do?" I ask annoyed. I literally cannot think of one thing to make everyone hate me. If anything, they should be mad at Bell.

   "Psh." I hear Raven from the backseat. Bellamy remained quiet.

   "Raven what the hell? I've been nothing but nice to you. What could I have possibly done to have the entire hospital giving me the silent treatment?" I yell angrily. By now I'm done with them.

   "How about killing my father!" She spat.

   "What are you even talking about?"

   "Don't act all innocent! Porter told me it was you!" She yells back.

   "Bell stop the car." When he doesn't listen, I unbuckle my seatbelt and reach for the door. He stops, and I get out. I can't be in the same car as the two people in this world I care most about right now. Not when they think I'd do something to hurt them.

   I start to walk and they drive slowly next to me. Bellamy rolls down the window. "Octavia get in the car," he calls. I ignore him and keep walking. I know the way home, but I have no intention on going back there.

I continue to walk alongside the car until I turn a different way. And find myself walking to the Woods' place. I don't know if Lexa will believe me, but I have to hope Lincoln will.

   Soon enough, I find myself on the porch of the twins home, and I knock on the door, hoping that they aren't asleep. About a minute later, Lexa opens the door and seems shocked by my visit.

   "Hello Octavia."

   "Hey Commander. Is this a bad time?" I ask.

She shakes her head and moves over, motioning for me to come inside. "Lincoln!" She calls up the stairs. Seconds later he runs down the steps, jumping over the last three.

"Oh hi O," he says and immediately chuckles after. "Get it like Ohio."

"Lincoln what did Dr. Porter say to you? Does everyone think I killed him?" I say paying no heed to his joke, even though I did find it clever.

"Yeah. She told us it was you. And of course, word gets around if even one of the nurses hears."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Hey it's okay. Lexa and I don't believe it."

"Yeah well my brother does. And my best friend does," I say fighting hard to make sure tears don't escape from my eyes.

"Well then, can you actually say she's your best friend?" Lexa says. God her words even the simplest are always inspiring and full of wisdom. That's why I call her Commander.

   They tell me to stay for the night. And of course none of us are mature enough to actually sleep. We drink. A lot. And end up having an indoor "snowball fight" but with oranges that they surprisingly had tons of.

"Hey Lincoln no face shots!" Lexa says after an orange smacks her forehead. I'm too busy laughing at her to notice she threw one directly at me. It hits me in the shoulder.

"Alright Woods. Now I'm mad," I say trying to keep a serious tone.

We spend the next hour on our fight, but soon run out of oranges. We decide there's nothing else to do but wrestle. We have so much fun that I almost forgot about why I even came here in the first place. I haven't even known them for that long, but it seems like we've been friends forever.

   I guess somewhere along line we passed out because the next thing I knew, I was sprawled on the floor, next to Lincoln, but Lexa was no where to be found.

Authors note:
So sorry for keeping you waiting. I will definitely try to write more frequently, but I also need some ideas if you have any... But please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter, I would love to hear your feedback! I'll update soon. Thanks for reading! :)