Commander

Lexa's Pov:

I run after Dr. Porter, who was practically already scrubbed in by the time us interns got to there

"You three, scrub in, but don't think you're going to touch anything," She instructed while, kicking open the door to the operating room.

Lincoln, Octavia and I quickly washed our hands and stepped into the OR for the first time. It was amazing. Everything was in order, and clean. I was so caught up in my surroundings that I almost forgot I was about to witness a surgery

Watching their quick, steady, hands move from place to place was so captivating. Every move was perfect and well thought out, but yet it seemed like there was not one second that Dr. Porter had to stop and think.

"Alright, The patient is stable. What do you do now," Indra broke the comforting silence that would only otherwise be interrupted by the constant beeping of the heart monitor.

I'm quick to raise my hand, but I seemed to forget this isn't school anymore. Octavia beat me to it by confidently speaking what she would do next. Explaining how she'd go about removing the bullet without puncturing the heart.

"Interesting technique. That's one way, but it could be risky on certain patients," Indra states while actually performing what Octavia said she'd do.

It goes on like that for awhile. After every step, she'd ask us for the next one. And I only think it's been ten minutes when the bullet is out, and we're closing up, but in reality, it's been four hours.

   We scrubbed out, and walk back to the open floor between the emergency room, and some random patients rooms, and I stumbled upon Clark, who seemed busy going through a chart. I noticed how although she's reading in her head, her lips are moving as if she were whispering.

   "Hey Clark," I walk over to her.

   "Hey, I just got to watch my mom clip a brain bleed! It was incredible," She spoke with such enthusiasm, it made me excited just to hear how happy she was. I can already tell that she's going to be the one to pass her boards.

   I couldn't spend much time with Clark, so I caught up with Lincoln and Octavia who were having a heated conversation about how to treat an older woman with tendinitis. The woman actually looked scared of them. 

   I walked over and listened to their sides of the story, we ended up sending the woman home with pain relievers and told her to rest her arm. I really don't understand how they can argue when there's such a simple solution.

   "Hey Lex, can I talk to you? Lincoln asks on our lunch break.

   "You may," I say. People always make fun of the way I speak. Apparently it's "too formal". But it is just natural for me.

   "I know you like Clark. I've known ever since she sat next to you in class,"

   "What are you talking about?" I ask, but not convincingly enough. He sends me a knowing glance. My brother can read me like a book. "Look it doesn't even matter. I think she's straight," I say bitterly.

   "Oh yeah, when has that ever stopped you before ?" He comments while walking away to find a table. Leaving me with my mouth hanging open.

   "Geez commander, if you stay like that long enough your tongue will dry out," Octavia laughs as she walks over to me.

   "Commander?" I question.

   "The way you speak sounds like your commanding people, so I think the nickname suits you, Lexa."

   I don't pay attention much to the nickname. We go ahead and find Lincoln sitting with Clark, Raven and Bellamy. It feels nice to be with the whole group of us. At least we don't have to be on constant alert for our residents for an hour.

   I have noticed that Octavia is very headstrong. She's not afraid to speak her mind, or do what needs to be done, so I think that with the right guidance, Indra could make her a great surgeon. And judging by today, it seems like she has an interest in cardio.

   I know that Lincoln's always wanted to be a general surgeon. He always wants to know a little of everything. So I can definitely see him being successful in that area.

Clark said she's into trauma. I think she'd be good at that. She had always been the one to act fast under pressure, so she'll definitely be fine.

   I do not know about Bellamy or Raven. I haven't gotten to see how they act in situations yet, but if they are here, they have to be good.

   For me, I have always had an interest in neuro. My steady hands would allow me to work with perfect accuracy, and my patience would help me get through twelve hours of surgery. I can only hope that I am going to see a brain surgery soon.

- 5 hours later

   By the time the day is over, I'm exhausted. I tell Lincoln that he has to drive us back home, and start heading out into the parking lot.

   "Ugh Damn it!" I hear a familiar voice angrily say. And not to far away is Clark standing in front of a car with two flat tires.

   "Clark, Do you need a ride?" I yell over to the blonde.

   "Oh Lexa thank god. Yeah a ride would be perfect," She runs over to me, with her blonde hair flowing being her.

   In the car, she falls asleep, and I decided that she could spend the night at our place. Carefully I pick her up, and laid her down on our couch, and wrap a blanket around her. She looks so peaceful asleep.

Authors note:
I thought I'd write one more chapter for you since I'm probably not going to be able to tomorrow. Anyways, please comment your thoughts, and vote. I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading:)