My Best Friend

Raven's Pov:

   My father is dead.

   I feel like a horrible person because of my lack of sadness. Octavia says it's okay to feel like that, but I'm not so sure.

   "Raven wanna help me with this?" I heard Clark ask from the other side of the room. I look over and see her taking a patient to the MRI room.

   "Yeah sure," I say jogging over. We get the patient in the machine, and then go sit inside the examination room.

   "Okay Harper, you're gonna to hear some noises but it's nothing to worry about," Clark speaks into the microphone.

   "Okay." She says. Clark clicks some buttons and I can hear the machine starting.

   Clark turns to me. "Look, I know I don't know you very well, but if you ever need someone to talk to, you can come to me," She says sympathetically.

   "Don't worry about me. I'm fine. Just be a surgeon Clark. Not a psychiatrist," I bitterly reply. For some reason I feel like she has no right to talk to me about him. "I don't need you to fix me."

"Hey I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stick my nose in your business," she defended.

"Whatever Clark," I say. "Oh shit," I say after I look to see the scan on the screen.

"Oh my god. That's the biggest tumor I've ever seen."

"Wait what?! I have a tumor?!" Harper yells. We forgot to turn off the microphone.

"Hey it's gonna be okay, we have fantastic doctors here. They will help you," I try to comfort her. "Way to go Clark," I mumble just loud enough for her to hear."

For the rest of the shift I do my best to avoid Clark. Which is actually really hard because it seems like her and Bellamy are always together. But I try not to let that bother me. He has the right to make other friends.

   Just then, my pager goes off. I look at it and notice that it's calling me to the OR. Quickly I run to scrub in but when I get there, there isn't a surgery going on. Only Dr. Porter standing in the otherwise empty room.

   "What's going on? What's the surgery?" I ask.

   "Raven, there's no surgery. I wanted to speak with you. I have reason to believe that one of my interns turned off your fathers ventilator."

"What?! That's ridiculous. Octavia's my best friend, and why would the Woods twins even think to do that?" I feel angry that she'd even suggest that.

"He wouldn't have just flatlined like that, and my interns were the ones looking after him."

   I don't believe it. Sure he is-was a jerk, but he didn't deserve death! The Woods wouldn't have done that. They don't even have a reason to. Would Octavia really kill my dad? My best friend wouldn't have done that. Would she?

   "I'm gonna go."

   "Raven don't do anything stupid. We still aren't sure." She says before I turn to walk out the door.

   "We? Who else knows?" My god this is awful. I don't wanna be treated differently around here.

   "Just Dr. Griffin and Bellamy Blake."

   "Fuck me. Bellamy knows," right now I wish I was dead. This is all too much.

   I storm out the door and plow down the hallway.

   "Hey Birdie you okay?" Octavia puts a hand on my shoulder.

   "Don't touch me!" Instinctively I turn around and slap her across the face. I didn't mean to but I'm glad I did.

   She stands their stunned, but doesn't say anything. I walk past her and head for the elevator. I hear Lincoln go over and ask Octavia if she's okay, it makes me sick. She's fine. I'm the one who needs help. But I'll never admit it.

   My best friend killed my father. Octavia Blake killed him. And right now there's no doubt in my mind she's guilty.

Authors note:
So sorry again for the wait. I'm really busy with school so I'll probably mostly update on weekends. But anyways let me know what you think. I'll be sure to keep writing so keep an eye out for new chapters. The next one will probably be Octavia or Bellamy's Pov. Please vote and comment! Thanks! :)