Little Birdie

Bellamy's Pov:

When Raven came in late today, I knew something was up. Something was always up with her. I try my best to look after her, but with it just being Octavia and I, it's really hard.

A black eye is nothing new, but it's becoming more and more frequent. I told Raven to come and stay with us. Even for just a little while, but she said she wouldn't leave her mom. And I can respect that, I just wish I didn't have to.

Maybe now is a chance for Raven to finally be free from her father. If she tells the truth, maybe he can get help, and she and her mother won't have to live in fear. Of course though, I'll never say anything until she's ready.

"Well don't just stand there interns. Go save them," Abby puts a stop to my train of thoughts, and I immediately run to Raves Dad.

"Were gonna need an OR ready stat!" I yelled.

And with that, a surgical team is paged to go scrub in.

"Bellamy." A shy voice calls from behind me. I didn't recognize it at first, but it was Raven.

"Hey it's gonna be okay. They're gonna be fine."

She nods.

"Raven, you should go change. I think you should have the rest of the day off," Dr. Griffin says. She nods and goes to the locker room to get out of her scrubs.

   Today's gonna be a long day.

- 7 hours later

   Octavia, Lexa and Lincoln are all watching the surgery for removing the knife. While Clark and I get to take Raven's mom completely by ourselves. And it doesn't take long for us to discharge her with just some painkillers. Clark's pretty cool too. I haven't really had a chance to get to know her before this, and after getting to talk to her, I'm glad I got the chance.

"So the black eye. She didn't really get that from falling out of bed did she?" Clark caught me off guard by this question. Although I guess I should have seen it coming.

"No. I think you knew that all along."

"Yeah I guess part of me did. In med school, I'd always see her coming in with new bruises, but then I'd see you and your sister talk to her like nothing was different." She explained.

   "That's because nothing was different. Raven's strong. She told us that she's okay even though she wasn't. She told us that she couldn't say anything because her and her mother weren't ready. O and I wanted to help, but we wouldn't ever do anything to hurt Raven." I told Clark the truth. Somehow it just seemed like I could trust her.

   "It's okay Bellamy. You didn't do anything wrong. All that matters now, is what you do about it. Right now, she's not in the best state of mind, it it's up to you and Octavia to help her through this," Clark sympathetically talks to me as if I'd done the right thing. I knew I hadn't.

   "What do you suggest I do Clark? She's stubborn even if I had an idea of how to help, she wouldn't let me."

   "Sometimes the right thing doesn't always seem like it is," she said and walked off to the next patient. She left me standing there, thinking about those powerful words. The words that suggested I do something that I'd regret.

- 30 minuets later

   Raven's dad somehow survived the surgery. Sort of. He was alive because of a medically induced coma. So at the moment, ventilators we're breathing for him. It seemed almost too easy. It was just a matter of turning them off. There were no cameras in the room, no one would know. So I did it. I turned the heart monitor off first, so that there wouldn't be any attention brought to the room. Then I turned off the ventilator, and he stopped breathing. It was done. He's dead.

   I slip out of the room, careful not to let anyone see me. And I run to the locker room since my shift is over.

   "Bellamy where were you?" Octavia stands as I entered the room. Shit, I forgot that we drive here together.

   "I was just finishing a chart."

   "For twenty minutes Bell, come on,"

   She looks suspicious, but doesn't ask again after I don't reply. Not talking, we walk out of the hospital together, and start to drive home.

   "Hey wait, pull over." My little sister speaks for the first time in almost an hour. "Is that Raven?" She points out the window. Sure enough, walking along the sidewalk is Raven.

   "Reyes get in the car. What are you doing walking around here by yourself?" I roll down the window and ask.

   She walks over and climbs into the backseat. "I don't wanna go home. I don't wanna see what happened there," she explains.

   "Come on Little Birdie you know you can stay with us," Octavia says trying to lighten the mood. She's been calling Raven by that nickname since practically the day they met.

   She smiles, and we drove the rest of the way home. But the only thing on my mind was the fact that I killed someone. I killed her father. And she doesn't even know he's dead.

Authors note:
   Sorry I took so long to update. But here's another chapter for you guys.
   Please let me know how you like it so far. And also vote!
   Thanks to all my readers.
   Also check out some of my other stories if you're enjoying this one! Thanks again! :)