Wicked Ones

The sound of engines revving drags a thrill from Jimin's body like nothing else, mingling with the cheers and jeers of the ragtag crowd convening on either side of his gunmetal grey car

The sound of engines revving drags a thrill from Jimin's body like nothing else, mingling with the cheers and jeers of the ragtag crowd convening on either side of his gunmetal grey car. Some scream his name, others boo at him, but he hears none of it, his eyes on the empty stretch of road ahead of him, a wicked grin tugging at one corner of his lips.

To his right his opponent revs his engine at him again but Jimin doesn't indulge him. The guys wants a reaction, keeps taunting at him in hopes of pissing Jimin off or breaking his concentration. What he doesn't know is that nothing breaks Jimin when he's behind the steering wheel of his trusty mechanized steed.

This kid has no idea what he's gotten himself into.

Doesn't he know who Park Jimin is?

On his left side someone approaches his car, leaning on the door, head shaking. "Those little shits over there, cheering for that guy," Taehyung says with a chuckle, "Hoseok says about a handful of them are the dude's college buddies and the rest of 'em he hired so support wouldn't be totally one-sided in his first race. A born and bred rich kid. His daddy bought him that car."

Jimin finally casts a sidelong look at the kid, who stares back. He looks like a smug little rich prick. Jimin can't wait to wipe that stupid smirk off his face.

Turning back to his friend, Jimin says, "Money can't buy brains. Bet that car can't hit 60 in any less than 6 seconds. Probably can't even hit 200."

"And this baby?" Taehyung asks, running his hand along the car, his eyes trailing over it's profile like it's a damn pornstar sprawled out in front of him. Jimin only recently got his hands on it, so he hasn't had a chance to properly appreciate it. "2.8, you said?"

Jimin lets a proud grin split his face and he nods. "Caps out at about 250. But I don't think I'll even have to push her that far to knock this kid's ego down a notch."

"Nah, probably not." Taehyung's eyes return to Jimin and he cocks a brow at him. "But it might be kind of fun just to show off, right?"

"Maybe just a little bit."

In front of the cars a girl steps out, holding her boyfriend's hoodie up as her makeshift flag. Taehyung steps back, rapping his knuckles on the side of the car before joining the crowd.

Jimin rolls the window up and settles into his seat, eyes on the road again, peripherals on the girl as she counts down with one hand, the other still gripping the hoodie.

In a blaze of red, she swings the fabric down and Jimin accelerates, body pushing back against his seat as he zooms by her, her skirt flying up around her hips. And he's off, flying down the road like gravity is merely a guideline to him. It takes seconds before he leaves the kid in the dust and he can't help but let out a whoop of victory as the hills around him disappear in a blur.

His hands grips the steering wheel and even when he knows he's won he doesn't stop. He pushes a little farther, laughing and cheering himself on like a complete mad man as that little hand on his dash pushes closer and closer to 200. No point in stopping now when he's so damn close.

Jimin's never been one to say no to a good thrill.