Chapter 2 (Running)

Phoebe 24

"We'll deal with the government. You go and do what you were put on this planet to do."

"Copy that." I slid the handheld transmitter/receiver into my holster, grasping for my one thousand two- hundred voltage taser. (In case these disgusting creatures got in my way.) "I am at the location. I repeat: I am at the location."

"Twenty-four, we are under attack. Abort mission." Throughout the panic on the other line, I could hear the alarms triggered, which would cause everyone on my planet to act fast in survival mode.

But I wasn't about to let these humans destroy everything we fought for. Everything I fought for.

"I'm not done until my mission's complete." I stubbornly shoved the intercom in my holster once again, ready to blow up this disgraceful place, along with every revolting creature in it. I turned face-to-face with one, stumbling away as I swung my taser to face it. It looked of the male gender, but here on Earth it's hard to tell. "What is your purpose?"

"Why don't we take the easy route, and you tell me exactly what it is that you're doing here?" Pathetic. None of these specimens are any match for our technology. I pulled the trigger, electricity flashing in eye sight. And I never felt so much dread when I saw that light dancing and flickering in between his fist. "I wish it didn't have to be this way," he stated, my eyes bulging in fright as though I was at his mercy. He suddenly launched the bolt back at me, making my body tremble and twitch with the voltage, until it brought me to unconsciousness.

Cody's P.O.V

"I brought flowers," I smiled, handing a flock to all three. (Amber and her parents.) Amber rolled her eyes, and tossed them aside. Her parents scolded her, yet invited me in anyhow, thankfully.

"Cody, you're a sweet boy," Mrs. High cooed. "But we're feeling much better. It must have been a cold or something."

"Well, you look well, as usual," I smiled, Amber slamming around in the kitchen.

"Why don't you and Amber talk? We're heading out, since it's been a while," Mr. High insisted, sliding on his coat. "It's been great. Tell your mom we wish her well." I smiled and waved them out the door, ready to make my next move. (Which was probably impossible.)

"Every day, Cody. Every. Day." Amber slammed the microwave shut. Even when she was being bitchy, she was the most amazing sight that I've seen all day. "Cody! Are you listening?" I came out of my trance, her skin flushing with anger. I wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth, nodding intently. "Oh? You weren't too busy drooling?" She snapped, glaring at me. I shifted under her glare, shrinking away.

"Sorry," I apologized nervously.

"You really don't get it, do you? My parents are literally trying to get me out of the house. They're hoping that if they leave, you and I will go to my bedroom to get it on. Then you could swoop me off my feet, far away from here!"

"I-I mean, if you want to-".

"No!" She yelled, staring at me in irritation. "I'm only nineteen, and they're already trying to kick me out."

"You could come live with me," I offered.

"Yeah. So that I could listen to you masturbate at the imagery of me in your mind?" I blushed, losing eye contact as she blissfully cracked the whip on me, like always. "Why can't you run off with your teeny-bopper friends?"

"I see them everyday. Besides, you are a sight worth savoring." I tried to smirk with confidence, which really looked like a goofy boy smiling up at his fourth grade girlfriend. In fact, we were almost the same height.

"You know what? I'm going to shower," she headed down the hall, me scrambling to my feet. "Don't follow me!" I slumped my shoulders, disappointment setting in.

Sean Sawyer

Eventually, the scene-looking girl sat up, dazed and confused after I electrocuted her with her own taser's electricity. She instantly reached for a weapon.

"I took all of your devices."

"Who are you? What are you? And what do you want?"

"I am Sean. I am a Sorcerer. A witch that draws off of elements. That's how I used electricity to backfire on you. It's a source of fire. What I want is to know what your mission was." She had a dangerous glint in her eye. Like she was ready to attack at any given moment.

"You ruined my only chance," she growled.

"Chance to what?" I furrowed my thick brows, elbows on knees, sitted on a chair. She suddenly gasped for air, like she was having some kind of asthma attack. I jumped forward, taking her by the head to still her.

"Inhaler," she gasped, weakly pointing at her bag of weapons and gadgets. I rushed over to them, shuffling through to find one. But her gasping suddenly stopped. I turned around, as she was already at the door. "I lied," she snickered, running out the door.

But the weird thing was: I actually found some kind of inhaler.

Ember War

I had a certain vibe to this group of people. They seemed semi-normal, for now. One had miss-colored hair: obviously the freak of the group. Then there was the redhead: definitely deadly within. The husky, light brown-haired: the outgoing comedian of the group. The blonde one: bitchy and stuck up to those that don't understand. And lastly, the blonde boy: the rebellious misfit.

Time to put on the mask. Sort of.

"Hey, I'm new around here in Manton. You look like a nice group of people." I glanced at the boy, to which he lost eye contact. He must have another love in mind. Of course, they couldn't possibly have a body like mine. I was born to run.

"We do?" The weird one laughed, everyone chiming in.

"Well, as nice as it gets. For some of you." I looked the blonde up and down, trying to get a rise. It's not a coincidence I felt a connection. Through a drive of emotion, maybe I could spot it. The blonde rested her head on her fist, staring up at me, as if ready to be unglued from her seat.

Another friend of theirs sat down. At first, I thought he was the Hulk: one of those big, broody men dying to find someone as hot as him. But all my blood flooded from my face, my hands instantly trembling. Ethan.

I flinched from the memory, stumbling from the table. They all looked concerned, the blonde owned an expression of preparation for the chase. But I've literally been running my whole life from every situation. No one could catch me.

"Ember?" The name escaped his lips. I took off, leaving them all in the dust of the filthy Merry Inn restaurant. I ran to the alleyway near the back of the restaurant, just when I biffed it by slamming into a stranger. I stood to my feet, taking in the view.

He was extremely attractive, but in a creepy kind of way. Sculpted face and body, but I could tell he was dangerous just by his stance. He looked at me, intrigued.

"Who are you?" I spoke out of fear. He open-smirked at me, looking at my body as well. "Get back," I threatened, as he stepped forward, very so slowly. He was a total creep. He said nothing, just stepped closer and closer.

Eventually I gained the courage to run away. He chased for a couple of minutes, and almost had me too. But I was still too fast when ducking passed branches and trees in the nearby woods.