Chapter 12 (Failing To Survive)

Katherine's P.O.V

"If Ian and went to the Mirrors, then I'd assume that they all went to the Mirrors, including Cody and Coleman. All we have to do is pull them out," I stated, passing my pocket knife around to the group. "Blood magic is the most powerful kind of magic, other than sacrificial." I smeared my blood onto one of the many mirrors in the original room of Satan and Micheal's "reflection time".

The rest of the group did the same, mostly following into the unknown depths of my plan. Neal, Justin, and Braeden sat aside, watching us four do all the work. I instantly closed my eyes after taking a stance in the middle of the room, for surely freaking everyone out with my knowledge on the subject.

Air started to whip around me in the larger room, reflecting off the mirrors with a cold soul to it. I could almost see it more than feel it. I pulled onto one's life force, an overwhelming power consuming me physically. I used to get weaker each time I used magic. Now it only seemed to get stronger.

I opened my eyes when Hazel gasped, many amazed at what appeared before their eyes. Ian (I was pretty sure) stood beside me. I closed my eyes, carrying on with the spell. Ethan and Cody were coming out of there. Nathan I wouldn't mind on leaving behind. (Considering he's a whore.) And Coleman I would always fight for, but he doesn't have the innocence to lose like Cody. He had to come out as soon as possible.

It took me a little longer to find the next, but I grasped onto two for the price of one. Nathan and Ethan appeared at last, but I went right back to finding Cody and Coleman. Five minutes passed, and still nothing.

I gasped for breath as though the state of mine I headed into felt a heightened sensation of the presence. I stopped concentrating, now focusing on the physical to listen. Everyone stared at me like I was a freak show, Ethan stepping in front of me, concern visible.

"It's Micheal," I breathed. Ethan became broody and cautious, stepping in front of everyone near the entrance. I was prepared to take a head off if he dared to touch Ethan. Everyone stumbled back when Micheal came flying in, tumbling onto the floor, getting dragged by a force into the mirror with our blood on it. He clung to everything in desperation to escape his nightmare. He sounded to be almost crying in distress.

Just before he was swooped away into the Mirrors, our worlds became a bright white light, and transformed into the field beside the Wartext plantation. The Chosen Animals all stood, aligned with the look of grief upon their faces. I looked around to see every Chosen One. Claire, Jakob, Iveryellidy, Dylan, Paige, Ember, Trix, Amber, Phoebe, Sean, amd my group, alongside Ian, Nathan, and Micheal.

They were all entangled with their own chaos: Ember tied in a fetal position, Trix surely keeping her as his. Justice prevails. Amber quickly wiped away smudged makeup, crying over Cody for sure. (She knew of his death.) It looked as though Phoebe and Sean were physically dueling it out, Sean mostly beaten at the cause of taking the fall. Iveryellidy and Dylan were holding one another, sitted as Ivery's face was drenched with tears and makeup.

"The Spirit has made a choice to restore balance. Three of the Chosen Animals are deceased, meaning three of you must die, or else you'll all die."

"Amber should be the first to go. It's justice," I instantly snarled, looking carelessly into the bitch's glossy eyes that were heartless for everyone but Cody.

"That's not how it works," Molly stated, looking to already be in tears.

"Paige Kamlot, Claire Stone, and Jakob Rilts, please step forward," Sammy announced. Claire and Jakob stepped three steps forward, hand in hand. Paige stood alone, owning a look of dismay. "You will be sentenced to death, therefore the deaths of Bear, Puma, and Spunky were unjust. You will find peace in the fact that you will be sent to a better place after death." I bitterly looked up to the sky, knowing that he was watching.