Chapter 6 (Grief Devours My Soul)

Ethan's P.O.V

I didn't want to leave Katherine in her time of need, but I also had to protect her and her friends from the dangers yet to come. Micheal still roamed elsewhere, but it was unknown. But I was hoping to find out.

She waltzed down the street, strutting in her new tight-fitted clothes. They were supposed to make her look sexy, and I'm sure to most, she did in the short, tight dresses. Until she ripped their head off with the animal of her choice. She gasped in fright when I slammed her into the back side of a building in Traverse City.

"Ethan." Her eyes widened in terror. She must have heard about me.

"Amber. I heard you have more information than what you let on," I stated. Satan had told me about her: Micheal and her having some kind of alliance.

"I don't know anything," she struggled, her lie masked well.

"I know you do Amber."

"I don't!"

"You do!" I roared, making her flinch away. To my enemies, I really don't care how bad I have to be. "You tell me about Micheal, or I'll kill Cody." Her eyes widened in fright. Sadly, if I had to, I might. It depends.

"Micheal will kill me," she gulped.

"If you don't tell me, I'll kill Cody. Which is more important to you?" After that, I was sure she'd choose herself. But surprisingly, she didn't.

"I really don't know much. I only know about how to kill him."

After hearing what Amber had said, there was a pit in my stomach of mixed emotions. I didn't know what I was going to tell Katherine. I was somehow dizzying with emotion. Maybe because I was used to hiding them, or not feeling them at all. Now it was like I was an emotional wreck, ever since Katherine.

I had a sudden urge of power. It was more physical than emotional. I looked through the crowds of people on the streets, the spring air clammy. The feeling, I didn't recognize. But it was strong.

I made eye contact with a skinny version of my reflection. He looked exactly like me. Yet he owned bags of exhaustion under his eyes, and he wasn't as physically strong due to the lack of nutrition. I instinctively made my way through the crowd to him without even noticing.

"Who are you?"

He stared, shocked himself. But at the same time grateful to finally have found me.

He didn't have to answer. Somehow, I knew.

Ian.

Amber's P.O.V

I was going to be on everyone's hit-list after this. But Ethan was going to tell Katherine, Katherine was going to come after me.

I hunted for the easiest one, finding him alone. The large brown pup drug his feet in exhaustion from running from my bombs triggered by his weight. I didn't really want to kill the innocent animals, but I had no choice. Micheal's a monster, and there's no chance of trusting him.

I stepped onto the gravel road, Bear panting, looking up at me in the night. I gripped my curved, thick hunting knife up, the animal's eyes glazed with tiresome. He stood at his paws, keeping his snout up bravely. I gripped under his jaw, sitting the knife across his chest, cutting far past the fur. Blood drained from his throat, surely killing him within seconds.

"No!" Katherine screamed from a far distance, herself and her group running to me. I ditched it into the woods, hiding behind trees to watch her reaction out of curiosity. She fell to her knees, sobbing and repeating, "why is this happening?" In a horse whisper. Coleman pulled her away as she pounded on his limp body. I suddenly caught Ethan's eye, who was looking directly at me. I threw my black hood up, and ran for it yet again, prepared to claim another victim.