Chapter 11 (Being The Hero)

Ember's P.O.V

"So, you kidnapped me," I thrashed once more. "Good for you." Claire looked down upon me, both metaphorically and literally. I was handcuffed to a pole in the middle of Jakob's basement. "Why do you have a pole in the middle of a room? A prompt for Claire's dance routine for you?"

They each shared a glance towards me. My wrists were raw and bruised from struggling. One of my worst fears is being trapped, and here I am, to my luck. Helpless and handcuffed to Claire Stone's strip-tease pole.

"What do you have me for? Why am I here?" I spoke in agitation.

"You tried to sell me to Satan. You're dangerous," Claire stated, placing her hands on her hips.

"Oh God," I whispered out of instinct. I could feel him near by. Not Micheal, nor Satan, but worse. My destined lover. "You have to let me go," I struggled to convince them. "Someone's coming for me." Both got prepared, running off the fend their own.

As soon as they left, I formed into Micheal and snapped the handcuffs apart with his strength. I walked up the stairs with the same face, hoping Trix will take me for Micheal, and I could kill him by simply snapping my fingers.

An injection suddenly jabbed into the side of my neck, a serum plugging my powers when in my system. My body formed back into me, which was much weaker in multiple ways compared to Micheal.

"I found you," he whispered roughly in my ear. I spun around to fight him off, but he instantly stabbed me in the stomach. I panicked, trying to throw him away before he twisted it. I grunted in pain as he slammed me into the wall, scraping the blade up my ribs. I gasped and seethed, struggling to breathe. He grinned in amazement, almost like my pain turned him on.

Jakob suddenly wacked him upside the head, fumbling it out when Claire came running to me.

"I can't die," I almost screamed, gripping Claire's forearms. I stood to my feet, shoving Claire one-handed. "This is your fault."

"My fault?" She spat. "You came to sell my soul to the Devil. If anything, this is justice." My anger coiled with in from my fear of death. Of Hell.

"Hey!" Trix yelled, making me stumble to a fall like the thunder of a God to my knees. He had Jakob in a choke-hold, gun to his head. "Let me take her," he growled demandingly, looking to me.

"Don't let him take me," I begged. But it was no use. She wouldn't do that for me, especially with her True Love's life on the line. She nodded, my hope now the black in me, leading me to my death. They carefully traded, Trix with the gun in hand, forcing me to walk with a knife hanging out of my stomach.

Katherine's P.O.V

Another gathering with everyone (including the True Loves) and I just might blow my brains out. Alex and Neal sat beside each other holding hands on Leah's parent's couch. Hazel and Justin clung to each other like there was no tomorrow. I was extremely bitter for the fact that everyone was freely together and open about their relationships while I still felt the need to avoid Ethan's touch.

Leah came back with snacks, Braeden and Ethan sitting by each other, looking innocent and accepting. Yeah right. I sat away from everyone in a chair, annoyed as they all roared with laughter at each one of everyone's teasing.

"So, Katherine. Did you tell them what you and I did a couple of nights ago?" Ethan questioned loudly, tipsy from the dozens of shots he swiped from the bar at Herraduras. All heads turned towards me, already pressing.

"What is he talking about?" Leah laughed, everyone going batshit. Hazel jumped onto my lap, physically trying to force me to admit.

"We didn't actually do anything. Ethan's just being a drunken douche," I stated, awkward silence arising. Hazel went back to Justin when getting no drama to leech off of me like a parasite.