Chapter 6: Hoseok's Confession

After about 20 minutes walking, I arrived at his house, then I knocked the door.

Hoseok's mother opened it, and greeted me with a nice smile.

To be honest, she was a bit surprised that I'd skipped school to check on his son.

"How is Hoseok?!" I asked, nervously. "Can I see him?"

Suddenly, Hoseok shouted from his bedroom. "I don't want to see anyone, you heard me? She has skipped her school for nothing!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't take him seriously," She whispered, letting a breath out. "Let me get you something. Something to drink, at least."

I shook my head, and thanked her.

"I'll leave you two alone, then." She continued, heading to the kitchen.

I walked towards his bedroom, and knocked on the door for three times. "Hoseok? May I come in?"

"Just leave, Y/N."

I placed my hand on the knob to twist it, but it was locked. "Listen, Hoseok, I'm here to talk, so please, open the door," I said, knocking on the door, once again. "Come on, Hoseok! Open the damn door!"

I leaned against the door, and I waited around 5 minutes, but he wasn't making a single sound.

Suddenly, he opened the door, causing me to fell backwards, landing flat on my butt.

Seeing me like that made him laugh.

He reached out his hand to help me stand on my feet. "I thought that you had left." He said, rubbing his eyes.

I stared at his eyes. Why were they kind of red?

Something was pushing me towards him, making me to hug him. After struggling with my feelings, I finally did.

At first, he froze, but then, he hugged me back even tighter.

We both let go of each other, and walked towards his bed to sit on it.

"Alright, explain everything," I said, looking through his eyes. "Come on, I'm all ears."

"What can I say? It's complicated, you know," He said, taking a deep breath. "I think... I think..."

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue talking.

"I think I'm falling for you."

What the fuck has he just said?

I closed my eyes tightly, because I was ashamed of myself. I couldn't let my eyes to look at his, because I felt guilty that he got the wrong idea about my feelings for him.

He was talking with me, but I couldn't hear a thing, because I was thinking about his words that were feeding on me.

'I think I'm falling for you'

No! That just can't happen!

I couldn't break his heart, but I couldn't pretend that I was in love with my best friend, either.

"I-I should've never told you about my true feelings, about how I really feel about you." He said with a low voice, staring down at his hands.

It wasn't his fault that he got the whole wrong idea. It was mine.

I tried to seek for answers, but I think that I should've stayed in dark.

"You're the only one that I want. I know that I may not be the best for you, but I can't stand this life without you. I'll do anything to have you, anything to make you mine," He said, holding my hands, tightly. "I can even change because of you. Isn't that enough?"

That's not the problem, Hoseok. The problem is that I'm in love with someone else.

"Give me some time to think about it."

"To think about what? I'll never let you go. I'll never give up on having you. You know that, right?"

Of course, I do. I know you very well, but I need some time to think about this shit; to think about Namjoon.

"I still need some time," I replied, heading to exit his bedroom. "Goodbye, Hoseok."

I left his bedroom, heading towards the gate as his mother placed her hand on my shoulder. "Y/N? You're leaving?"

I nodded without turning at her.

Suddenly, we heard some noise coming out of Hoseok's bedroom, causing his mother to rush towards his son.

I was sure about what happened, because I could see the pieces of the mirror all over the floor, also I could see his hand which was covered with blood, but I didn't want to face him, so I left without saying anything.

I started walking towards my house as I was crying, thinking about Hoseok, but suddenly, my cellphone started ringing.

An unknown number?

"Hello?"

"What the hell have you done to Hoseok?"

It was Seokjin, shouting on the phone.

"Where did you get my number?" I asked, wiping my tears with the back of my hands. "Wait a second, Why are you asking me about Hoseok?"

"Can I talk to you face to face?" He asked, pausing for a bit. "Text me your location. I'll come and pick you up."

He hung up, then I texted him my location. After a few minutes, he arrived, and rolled down the car window. "Get in."

I opened the door, and entered his car. "You drive fast."

"Let's cut the bullshit. Tell me what happened between you and him?" Seokjin asked, turning his face at me, slowly.

"N-nothing." I mumbled.

"Listen, his mother called me. She was nervous. She thought that you guys must've had an argument," He said, taking a deep breath. "He confessed how he really feels about you, didn't he?"

I remained quiet.

"Damn it, Y/N! It's not the best time to keep your mouth shut! Why are you quiet? Keep talking!
It's your fault that my friend is falling apart!
If anything bad happens to him, you're responsible!" He said, raising his voice. "Do you even know how it feels to be denied by the one whom you're in love with?"

I closed my eyes, tightly.

"Don't! Just don't close your damn eyes!" He shouted. "You know what? You are weak. I hate to see girls like you."

"I haven't done anything. At least, try to understand a bit. I love him, of course, but I love him as my friend. I'm not in love with him!" I said, getting out of his car as he pulled over. "And I promise you something."

"Promise me what?"

"I won't let him fall apart." I replied, running away as fast as I ever could.