Chapter 15: The Slap

"Hey! You need to wake up!"

Who is this talking to me?

I slowly tried to open my eyes, rubbing them with my hands as my head was leaned on the desk.

"Come on! How long have you been taking a nap?"

I looked up at him. After seeing Taehyung, I closed my eyes once again, covering my ears with my hands as I was leaning my head on the desk.

"So, you're not taking me seriously," He said, taking a deep breath. "Then, you'll leave me no choice."

He gripped my wrist, forcing me to stand on my feet.

"Ugh! What do you want?" I groaned, wriggling my hand out of his grip.

"How was your date with Hoseok?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I shouted. "You woke me up only to ask this stupid question?"

He poked me on the head. "Keep your voice down if you don't wanna be found at principal's office."

I rubbed the place where he'd poked. "It hurts, you idiot!"

"Consider it as a favor," He said, smiling at my face. "So, tell me, how was your date?"

Namjoon entered the classroom. Something was telling me to hug him, but I just froze. I couldn't make a single move.

He isn't coming towards me, is he?

"Y/N, Can I talk to you?"

Taehyung raised his eyebrows, waiting for Namjoon to get to the point.

"Alone," Namjoon continued, staring at Taehyung, meaning that he wants Taehyung to leave.

Something was shining in Taehyung's eyes, but all of a sudden, his face expression changed.

"I guess I should get going, then." Taehyung said before leaving.

"I... um... oh my... I never thought that this would be hard," He mumbled, taking a deep breath. "Okay... I'm... um..."

I reached out my hand for his, but he took a step back.

Seems like he doesn't even want me to touch him, but why?

"I'm here to say my last farewell to you." He said, rubbing the back of his head.

"What do you mean by saying 'last farewell', huh?!" I asked, trying to look through his eyes as he was avoiding the eye contact.

I took a step forward, reaching out my hand to touch his cheek, but he took a step back. "Namjoon, I don't get this. Why are you staying away from me? I-I want you. I love you. Isn't that clear enough for you to realize my true feelings?"

I took one more step forward as he took a step back, then I took a deep breath. "Listen, I know we can make it right and—"

"NO!" He shouted, cutting me off. "No, we can't!"

I could see the anger in his eyes, but I couldn't control myself, so I shouted as well. "You can't just leave like this. You're a coward who's scared of—"

But he cut me off by slapping me on the cheek, leaving me in a shock, because I never expected him to do such a thing to me.

I was about to cry, but I tried my best to manage my emotions.

Something was feeding on me. It was my tears. I was trying my best to hold them in the prison of my eyes, because they were about to escape.

I took a step back as thinking about that slap brought the water to my eyes.

"I'm sorr—"

I cut him off by placing my index finger on his lips, shaking my head.

I headed to exit the classroom, putting my hand on the knob to open the door.

"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall... my return."  Namjoon said.

'Loveless'. I'm pretty familiar with that book.

I took a deep breath. "Then, I'll wait, Namjoon. I'll wait."

I slammed the door behind me, and leaned against the wall, covering my face with my hands.

I started crying. I couldn't take control of my tears.

I could hear some footsteps. It was getting closer, closer and closer. I was about to wipe my tears away as I heard someone's laughter.

"Oh, little Y/N. What's wrong? Your sweetheart's the reason you're crying?"

"Get the hell outta my face," I said, then I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"As you wish." Hojin said, bowing, heading to the classroom.

I gripped his wrist. "Hey! Where are you going?"

I know, I wanted him to get lost, but Namjoon was still in the classroom. Alone.

He wriggled his hand out of my grip, and pushed me away.

He signed one of his friends with his eyes to take me away from here. "If you make a sound, I'll make sure that your Namjoon is dead. So, stay calm and leave here. Your friends are waiting for you. They're having lunch."

I opened my mouth to say something, but his friend was holding a knife in his hand.

I stared at the knife as I was worried as hell. He could've stabbed me. I took a deep breath and headed to find Taehyung and the others.

I headed to their table, sitting between Hoseok and Jimin as Yoongi, Taehyung, Jin and Jungkook were sitting in front of us.

"Y/N! Look who's not asleep anymore!" Jimin said, pointing at Yoongi as he was laughing.

I looked at Yoongi. Jimin was right! Yoongi's eyes were wide open. Such a surprise!

Yoongi raised up his middle finger, and rolled his eyes.

"Why didn't Namjoon come with you?" Taehyung asked as he was texting someone, staring at his phone screen.

I couldn't tell them that Namjoon wanted to say his last farewell. To be honest, I didn't know what to say, at all.

Jungkook took a bite of his sandwich, speaking as his mouth was full. "I think the prince of school is up to something."

Thank god! Jungkook has changed the subject!

Wait a second, are they talking about Hojin?

"He's not the prince. Actually, he's the king! That's what he says or it's better to say that's what he believes." Jimin replied, then he drank water.

"So, Y/N, Why didn't Namjoon come with you?" Taehyung repeated his question.

Taehyung is never going to give up, you know?

"Mr. Rey wanted to talk to him alone, so he had to stay in the classroom." I lied.

Why do I have to lie to keep my friends safe? Is it even a right thing to do?