Chapter 16: Liar

After school, I went straight home.

I was sitting on my chair, staring at the rose that was given to me by Hoseok.

"Ugh! How the hell am I suppo—" I'd been cut off after I felt my mother's hand on my shoulder.

"A red rose?" She asked, widening her eyes. "You know, your dad always used to give me red roses when we were dating in high school."

My parents really loved each other and they still do. I'm so happy for my mother that she could find a person who really deserves her.

"So tell me, who's given you this flower?"

"A friend?"

"Funny! You're asking me?" She asked as she was laughing, sitting down beside me on my bed. "What has happened to you, Y/N?"

I shook my head, staring at the flower which was in my hand. "Everything was doing fine. Everythi—"

Something blocked my throat, forcing me to shut my mouth.

"Honey, listen. I know that you're struggling with your feelings, but that's not the right way to choose. Why don't you just tell one of those two about how you really feel?"

I can't tell her that Namjoon has left me. I'm in a relationship with Hoseok, at least that's what he thinks.

I smelled the flower as I was closing my eyes. "I don't wan—"

Suddenly, my cellphone started ringing. I grabbed it, looking at its screen.

"Hoseok, right?" Mom asked as she was standing up.

I nodded.

"I'll leave you alone, then." She continued, heading towards my bedroom door, then she left.

I picked up the phone.

"Y/N?"

I remained quiet.

"Can you... Can you come to my place? I-I think I need you. I'm not... feeling very well." He said, coughing continuously.

"I'm not a doctor, you know?"

"But, you make me feel better."

I remained quiet for a bit to think about what he's asked.

"Y/N? Are you there?"

I took a deep breath. "Alright. See you."

I hung up the phone, searching the wardrobe to wear something.

"Mom? Haven't you seen my white T-shirt?!" I shouted.

•••

I rang their doorbell. Hoseok's father opened the door.

"Y/N! Long time no see!" His father said, spreading out his arms to hug me.

"My bad." I said, hugging him back.

After a few seconds, I came out of his hug.

"Come in."

I entered their house.

"Hoseok's in his bedroom."

I nodded as I was smiling.

"It's good that Hoseok's not alone in the house. I must leave, otherwise I'll be late for my flight."