Chapter 22: Together

Saturday, 7th July 3020,

It's almost a month after their debut. Almost a month that they have been helping with the Music Industry. Everything has been back to normal for now. Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook is still continuing their studies, taehyung and Seokjin is still the best actor in Korea, while yoongi and namjoon has been working with the Music Industry officially.

Even though they didn't really active in making music, but they manage to find time to produce music and spread the love of music to the world. Their name has been rising up since then. To be exact, they have a perfect life as a singer but also as the same person that they used to be before too.

The night sky is so pretty in Jungkook's eyes. He stares at the stars above, thinking about everything that happened. A month have past, things have been okay with Jimin. But somehow, something is missing between them. He remembers everything now. About his love for Jimin. How they aren't meant to be together years ago. How they have to sacrifice their love. How they have to leave each other with heavy heart. But that--is only for him to remember. Not Jimin.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook turns his head towards the voice. He spots his brother walking towards him with two mugs filled with hot-chocolate in his hands. He smiles at Junghyun when he offers him one of the mugs.

"I still can't believe that you're one of the 'Capers' that involve in the performance last month. When I saw your face on the protel, I can't say how much shocked I am" Junghyun chuckles, remembering the incident last month.

"Me too. I couldn't believe that I'm the same guy that you've seen in the broadcast."

"I still remember that you used to be afraid of them. You used to beg me to not become one of them. And I never questioned why you decide to be a part of them. But now I think I want to know" Junghyun place the mug down, looking straight into the sky.

"I'm still the same person I used to be. I can't say I'm a part of them when all I'm fighting for is just a simple piece of music..... I just--want the people to live with emotions again. Just like how we did a thousand years ago" Jungkook sighs and lays on his back, eyes closed. He couldn't express what he feels right now.

"You seem to be in a deep thought. I have never seen you this serious before. Not even when you decided what you're going to do with your life. What are you thinking?" Junghyun takes a glance at his younger brother.

"About life... How lucky I am to be living once again. In the same body, fall in love with the same person. Meet the same people. Be a part of our family again." Jungkook smiles and takes a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Jungkook ah... I really don't understand you. How you think. What's going on inside your mind. But one thing for sure, I couldn't ask for a better family than you. You are my only brother, my family. I would do anything to keep you by my side. I will protect you as your older brother."

"I know. You always do." Jungkook sighs in relief. He couldn't asks for a better life. He got the best of it.

"Hyung, would you believe in me if I said that this life we're living in is our second? What if I told you that we were born once and have been dead once before living again now?"

"Perhaps. Yes. Maybe I'll trust you."

"I told Jimin about it. And he said he believe in me. But there's one more thing that I hide from him. I didn't tell him about me and him. Do you think Jimin would believe in me if I told him about our past love?" Jungkook stares at his brother.

Junghyun knits his eyebrows, didn't quite catch what Jungkook just said.

"What do you mean by past love?" Junghyun tried to understand what Jungkook is saying because none of it makes any sense for him.

"It's complicated hyung. It's been going on my mind for so long. But I don't know how to talk to him." Jungkook palms his face, sighing heavily.

"There's something missing between us. It's not the same when he can't feel what I'm feeling right now."

"Asks yourself, why you didn't tell him about it yet?" Junghyun holds Jungkook's shoulder.

".......... I guess I'm afraid... I'm afraid that these feelings that I feel is just--just me alone. The fact that he remembers nothing about us makes me insecure. What if it's going to be only me? What if he didn't love me the same way as I did to him?" Jungkook can feel the warm tears on his cheeks.

"Did he tell you that he doesn't love you as much as you do?" Jungkook shakes his head at Junghyun's questions. He knows that Jimin loves him. Probably more than Jungkook himself. But that doesn't ease his heart, didn't change the fact that Jimin didn't remember him the way he did.

"Jungkook, I can't say that I understand what's going on in your mind. I don't know what you're hiding from me, from Jimin. If Jimin loves you, he will believe in you even when you tell him the stupidest fact on earth. Just don't lie to him. Tell the truth. Show him how you really feel. Convince him, prove it to him that you guys are meant to be together."

Jungkook nods his head. He lays on his back, gazing at the stars above.

"Thank you hyung. For being my family in both of our lives."

"I will always be your brother. No matter how many lives it takes. You will always be my baby brother" Junghyun lays on his back next to Jungkook, feeling the night breeze on their skins, talking to each other.

Jungkook realises one thing. Universe has been so kind to him. He got the chances to meet the same person as he did. And the most important thing, he get a second chance to redeem back their unfinished love.

-----------------------------------

[Tink]

Kook: Jimin ah, let's go on a date tomorrow?

Min: Where to?

Kook: somewhere we can talk freely. Can I see you tomorrow?

Min: I have classes until 12.00pm. I'll meet you at the college's gate okay?

Kook: I'll pick you up there. See you tomorrow.

Jungkook closes his tink and exhales deeply. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for them. A very big day indeed.

####################