Part 8

Hanzo's POV

It had been a month. Jesse avoided me. At the beginning of the semester, I thought that he skipped classes, he did indeed, but somehow I didn't realize it until I took interest in him. After we became friends, he stopped skipping classes, but he's been skipping a lot lately. I've tried contacting him, but he doesn't answer his phone. It's making me worried. I tried calling Jack and Reyes, but they couldn't help much with it. Genji, however, was going on all kinds of dates with his boss, Zenyatta. I still don't trust him though, and that seem to make my brother annoyed, I suppose he just want my approval. Everything is so frustrating. I had to say no to Hana's party. I had to be left alone in my room feeling heartbroken. Valentine is tomorrow, maybe Jesse would ask me? Dammit! He won't. I did all the preparation for the Valentines party in the party committee. The committee was a punishment because I had been slacking off. Everything just...  

"Hanzo!" I snapped back into reality. Reinhardt, as he likes to be called, asked me again. "When did the 2. world war end?" I didn't even think before I answered. "1945 sir" He nodded towards me approvingly. It felt wrong for a German teacher to be teaching us in history about 2. world war. He was just a substitute teacher though, so I suppose I really didn't mind. I know my thoughts about him are offensive to someone, but it's not like I can control them. 

The rest of the lesson went by surprisingly quickly, and soon, school was over. I caught Jesse's eye as we walked home. "Jesse! Wait up!" I felt hesitation from him. "Jesse... we need to talk" I could see pain in his eyes. He lead me to a cafe I knew too well. We sat down at an empty table. "Look..." "Hanzo! Jesse!" We both looked at the source of the voice. "Angela, hey" She came over. "You still come here even if you don't work, do you?" "Yes, well, Jesse and I need to talk about... something. Could you please leave for a second?" Angela nodded, winked at Jesse, and went behind the counter to serve a customer. "So, how does she know you?" Jesse took a deep breath and sighed. "She's my aunt" 

Jesse's POV

After saying a brief hello to Angela, a long awkward silence came over us. "I'll just go right to the point" Said Hanzo a little bold. "You've been avoiding me, why?" I couldn't tell him. I can't tell him. I can't tell him how much it hurt to plan this. "It's... complicated. It's... a surprise" I continued. "Well, it's not that much of a surprise now, although you don't know what... I'm gonna stop talkin' so I don't spoil anythin'" Hanzo looked me deep into my eyes expectantly. 'Fuck Jesse, just ask him. This is the perfect opportunity!' "Will... you... god, this is embarrassing. Will you be my valentine tomorrow?"