9

With her fingers tapping nervously against the table and her feet tapping anxiously against the concrete floor,Hyejin was nervous on how she is going to face her desk mate after what happened last night.

Is he trying to avoid me?

Then,the school bell rang,signaling class has started.

"Good morning,class." Hyejin's homeroom teacher walked into the class as everyone stood up to greet her.

"So,Ong Seongwoo is the only one not present?" She asked as the whole class nodded."Ms Hyejin,do you happen to know why he's absent?" She questioned Hyejin as Hyejin replied by shaking her head.

I wish I did and I also wish I wasn't the cause.

-

School went by boringly for Hyejin without Seongwoo beside her.But apart of her was somehow glad that he was absent.

After was happened last night,Hyejin couldn't get enough sleep as the image of Seongwoo always pops out on her mind.

Hyejin
Bro why u aint at sch today

Hyejin waited for a reply from Seongwoo but there's no sign of him typing or seeing her message.At this part,Hyejin really needed somebody to talk too and decided to text the anonymous guy that has been texting her regularly nowadays.

Hyejin
Yo abt wht u said yesterday

Hyejin
I think u predicted wrongly

Hyejin
He didn't come to sch tday

Hyejin
I guess he's trying to avoid me

After waiting for a while,there is still no notifications popping up on Hyejin's phone screen."Why isn't Mr Pickup Line replying too?" Hyejin sighed.

Hyejin then gave up on waiting for replies and went downstairs.

She saw her mom on the couch,watching the television with her legs crossed below her as a bowl of popcorn is placed in between her thighs.

"Umm,mom" Hyejin cooed as her mom looked at her with annoyed eyes.

"What do you want." She rolled her eyes as Hyejin sheepishly smiled,"Can you lend me some money for me to buy a dress for prom?"

"Why bother go to an event that doesn't involve education?"

"I know but it's my senior prom.Please just this once." Hyejin pleaded.

Dear lord,please help me.

"I don't see any As coming from that event so,no." Her mom coldly snapped.

"But I always get straight As." Hyejin said.

"Okay,you can go on one condition." Her mom said as a spark of hope flickered in Hyejin's eyes."Get me a 100% mark for one of your subjects in the upcoming exam."

"But the next test is after prom."
"Then,too bad,you can't go."

"Come on,let me have a life.All I do in life is study.Geez,cut me some slacks." Hyejin said as her mom stood up from the couch,looking at Hyejin with murderous eyes.

"Your life now is just to study so,no going to prom or whatsoever and my decision is final."

"And all you do in life is torturing your daughter." Hyejin said and stormed her way upstairs,feeling pissed then ever.

Hyejin then went inside her room and reached for her phone on her coffee table and texted the anonymous guy.

Hyejin
Well,bad news mr

Hyejin
This girl here cant go to her senior prom

Hyejin
Jst forget abt the confession thing,i cant go anw

Hyejin let out a heavy sigh whilst rubbing her temples with her fingers.

"What did I even do in my past life to get this kind of punishment."

-

Sucks to be hyejin huh