13

"I guess it's been a while,huh?" He smiled as his eyes turned into a pair of crescents with his bunny teeth peeking out from his lips.

"What?"
"I know it's shocking but well,my feelings for you never faded."
"I don't believe you."
"You want proof?",he said while fishing out something from one of his coat's pocket.

"Here you go." He placed a black phone on the table and pushed it near her."Go ahead and read it." He said as Hyejin picked up the phone from the table and started reading the dms that was sent.

As bad as Hyejin wanted to deny the truth,the things she read were the conversation that she had with the anonymous number.Hyejin somehow felt deep down in her heart that things didn't feel right.

"I just—I really didn't expect this." She said in disbelief."I know it's a lot to take in but you were the one who wanted to meet me so here I am,baby girl." He winked.

"Daniel,you know you could just see me at school rather than texting me with an anonymous number."

"I thought you wouldn't want to talk to me after what happened in the past." He stated,"And I also thought that it would be fun to text with an unknown number." He continued whilst flashing a soft smile.

"I didn't have the chance to say this to you but,I am so sorry about what happened.I really didn't want to do it but you know how my mom is.Just so you know,you didn't do anything wrong and you're not a bad influence.My mom just like to say bad things about people just to make me suffer fur—"

"Hey,it's okay,trust me.I've gotten over it,I understand your situation.Your mom's not bad,she just wants the best for you." He stated,staring into her eyes with his soft looking eyes that never failed to make her heart feel at ease."I feel bad for leaving you like that without notice,I'm sorry."

"It's okay baby girl and besides,cheer up." He said while lifting the corners of her mouth to form a smile on her face.

"It's supposed to be a happy day so no sad stories okay?" He said as Hyejin's mouth formed a smile."Now that's more I like it,you look beautiful as always with that smile on your face." He stated as Hyejin felt her cheeks reddened.

"So I agreed to come here to say one thing." He said before taking Hyejin's hands into his.

"I like you Hyejin,I always have.I'm not good at saying romantic or cheesy speeches and I can't think of any pickup lines now so," He took a deep breath,"Lee Hyejin,are you willing to be mine?" He questioned with a shy smile on his face.

"Umm.." Hyejin hesitated before standing up from her seat.

"Daniel,I'm sorry but..I don't feel the same way.I only like you as a friend.I'm so sorry,I can't accept your confession."

"I know I'm the one who asked for this meet up but I didn't expect that you're the person behind the unknown number." Hyejin stated,grabbing her handbag."I'm just so sorry,I guess that kind of romance could never exist between us." Hyejin said as she darted towards the entrance of the café.

Before Hyejin could further her steps,she felt a strong grip grabbed her wrist,stopping her tracks."I knew this was going to happen but before you go,I have something of yours." He said before taking something out from his pocket.

"Oh my,so you're the one who kept it all along? I thought I lost it." Hyejin gasped upon seeing a black and grey embroidery bracelet in Daniel's palm.

"Yea,sorry bout that but after what happened,I didn't had the chance to meet you though I lost mine." He said,scratching the back of his head.

It was a friendship bracelet that Hyejin and Daniel had when they were young and were still friends.Hyejin used to believe in stuffs like those so she ended up making one for both of them since according to tradition,one ties a bracelet onto the wrist of a friend who may wish for something at that moment. The bracelet should be worn until it is totally worn out and falls off by itself, at which moment the wish is supposed to come true.

Hyejin remembered that when Daniel tied the bracelet onto her wrist,she wished that her friendship with Daniel would last but turns out that was a fraud.

"May I?" Daniel questioned as he gave her the 'let-me-put-it-on-for-you' look on his face.

"Sure." Hyejin smiled before extending out her left hand as Daniel wrapped the bracelet around her wrist,securing it by buckling the ends of the bracelet with the silver hook that was attached to it.

"Well,thank you for taking good care of it for a long time.It looks as good as new." Hyejin said,thanking Daniel.

"No biggie,I tend to take care of things that remind me of people I like." He stated as they bid farewell and watched her left the shop with his heart aching.

Although I was not the one wearing the bracelet but I wish even the slightest chance for that kind of romance to exist between us. Daniel thought before leaving the café with heavy footsteps.

-

HOHO BULLSHITS R BACK

n school is killing me