Chapter 10 - On the Rox

Cyn

The next morning Cyn got ready bright and early to speak to Martha. As soon as she knocked on the door, Martha opened it straight away. She was already expecting Cyn that morning.

Cyn: "Good morning Martha"

Martha: "Hi my dear, how was your night?"

Cyn looked at her. She thought to herself, off course it didn’t go well. Even still, she was concerned to why Martha was acting like she wasn't involved in the plan.

Cyn: “Yeah about your plan, it didn't really work i'm afraid”

Martha: "What plan dear?"

Cyn stared at Martha. Why was Martha still carrying on with this nonsense about having no awareness of the plan. She got slightly agitated but managed to contain herself.

Cyn: "Martha, the plan for last night. I understand and admire what you were trying to do, but in future I would prefer if you didn't get involved in my personal business okay?"

Cyn hated being so forward with Martha because she was such a caring and considerate individual, but she knew she had to let her know the boundaries especially in regards to her not being with her ex anymore.

Martha: “Oh that plan....I am sorry, I just usually see you upset and I thought the surprise from your boyfriend would have been nice”

Cyn looked at her with raised eyebrows. It had been years since her ex had been round the house, how could Martha possibly still think she was with him. Even Erica had been round more times than him. Martha looked at Cyn and put her arm around her. She pulled her inside the house and pointed to the couch. Cyn remained by the front door, she didn’t have time for a sit down chat with Martha unfortunately.

Martha: “Have a seat, I’ll put the kettle on” She said as she made her way over to the kitchen.

Cyn: “I’m not staying. I’m just wanted to let you know, that guy is not my boyfriend.”

Martha: “Oh no, what happened?”

Cyn gave her look of concern. She never generally asked questions regarding who she was seeing, so this was a first.

Cyn: “Martha to be honest, it finished ages ago… I have been someone else since then”

Martha: “Aww that’s a shame my dear, oh so you got a new boyfriend?”

Cyn: “Not exactly a new boyfriend no” Cyn hesitated for a bit. She didn’t need to be telling her personal business to Martha. Plus she didn’t know if her and Erica were still together at this stage. However, she wasn’t going to dismiss Erica because she still belonged to her. Cyn patted Martha on the back.

Cyn: “I have a girlfriend, well not necessarily girlfriend but the person I am seeing is a girl”

Martha moved from Cyn and looked at her horrified. She couldn’t believe what she heard. She stood at Cyn speechless.

Cyn: “Martha?”

Martha: “Ummmm, a girl? What girl? The Chinese girl? I thought she was your friend?”

Cyn looked at her and laughed.

Cyn: “No not the Chinese girl. I don’t know if you have seen her before. But one day I will introduce you to her if you want?”

Martha looked at Cyn and started to walk, pushing her out the door. She didn’t seem interested in the idea whatsoever.

Martha: “No it’s fine…anyways I got some stuff to do, I’ll speak to you another time.”