Chapter 7 - Coffee & Tumblr

TAMED VII - COFFEE & TUMBLR.

"WHATCHA thinking about?" Richelle interrupted my deep thoughts by snapping her fingers in front of me, asking if I wanted to share.

"Would it be too soon to admit that I have feelings for that man?" Itinuro ko si Brent na abalang kausap ang kanilang SSC Adviser para sa bago nilang project.

The moment I realized I couldn't handle seeing him with other women was when Professor Sandoval's dog was in trouble. I understood then that my feelings for him were more than just platonic. I have a boy best friend named Troy, but my connection with Brent is much more intense. It was only after he entered my life that I began to feel this way.

"Well, it's not a surprise since it has been a new issue to this day that Brent is courting you. Halata namang type ka rin niya, but what about the last thing Jazzver said to you?"

"That's why I need to slow this down," sagot ko sa kaibigan. "If I turn out to be the target prey all along, then they will know exactly who they are messing with."

Brent has been giving me clear indications of his interest since he visited my home. If what Jazzver told me is true, as soon as possible I need to suppress my growing emotions for him.

"What if Jazzver is lying?"

Getting involved with Brent Laczamana will undoubtedly bring a lot of issues, but I am willing to take that risk for our growing friendship.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?" I scratched my neck and looked at my friend with a puzzled expression. She was pointing to the bulletin board and trying to explain something to me.

"Here!"

"Tell me about it," tinatamad kong sambit. Mahaba 'yung announcement. Nasa unang parte pa lamang ako ng paragraph ay sumuko na ang pasensya ko. Para saan ba ito?

"Take a look at its highlights na lang. Cambridge University has officially announced an audition for the cast of characters in our major play for the upcoming Grand Variety Show!"

To qualify for the audition, one must have a high grade point average in English Communication and Literature Arts, with a specific focus on the acting component of the course. Professor Sandoval has already informed us about this opportunity. At the end of the quarter, we will be performing in her class, and the judges from the Drama Department will select those who are eligible to participate in the audition.

"Just so you know, the Cambridge Grand Variety Show is the most highly anticipated and significant event of the university."

"Oh," hilaw kong tugon. Malabo rin namang mapipili ako, isa pa't hindi rin naman ako interesado.

"Zamantha, it's a Broadway Musical Theatre Play! Have you ever seen or heard of the production Once on This Island?"

The mere mention of Once on This Island stirred up some familiarity in me, but I have yet to witness a condensed theatrical version of the acclaimed musical. Pasimple kong binasa ang ilang impormasyon tungkol dito. According to the notice board, it is a coming-of-age one-act stage musical based on the novel My Love, My Love and The Peasant Girl by Rosa Guy, a Caribbean-set retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Little Mermaid.

"Kailangan mo 'tong salihan, Zam! Kaya mo 'yan! Ikaw pa ba?! Moreover, if you do, you won't have to worry about maintaining your scholarship average quota anymore. This could be a real game-changer for you!"

Joining The Rising Playmakers Production can offer a plethora of unexpected advantages. As Richelle pointed out, all official student participants will be eligible for a unique type of scholarship that could prove to be a valuable opportunity.