Chapter 42 - Coax & Tousled

TAMED XLII - COAX & TOUSLED.

"ZAMANTHA."

"Yes, Professor Sandoval?" pilya kong sagot.

"I'm running out of patience with your constant teasing." She furrowed her brows, exhaled deeply, and frowned.

Una ko munang idinantay ang braso ko sa likod niya at dahan-dahan iyong ipinadulas pababa, tingnan ko lang kung saan aabot natitirang pasensya niya.

"Ikaw naman kasi, you kind of painted Hunter's character in a bad light there. Gano'n na ba talaga introduction mo sa kanya?" Tumikhim ako nang napapakagat sa ibabang labi. "Wala namang ibang ginawa 'yon sa 'yo kundi alagaan at mahalin ka."

She squeezed her arms together and pushed her back against my arm with force. Hindi niya na pinatawad 'yung braso ko at inipit 'yon pero dahil malambot lang naman ang couch ay hindi gano'n kasakit. Tumayo siya para harapin ako. "That dream isn't worth getting upset over. Let's forget about it and move on."

In the next moment, she plopped down on my lap, blushing bright red and scowling at me.

"Ang ganda mo, nakakaakit ka, mahal kita." I breathlessly murmured smiling from ear to ear.

"I wish I hadn't shared that dream with you now."

"Hey, don't say that. I appreciate you telling me about your dream. It helps me get to know you better and that's why I'm giving you this hug and these kisses." I planted a kiss on her head, on her soft hair, taking in the fragrance of her shampoo.

Gumapang ang labi ko hanggang sa noo niya, pababa sa kanyang ilong habang dinadama ang mainit na hanging pinapakawalan niya. Being with her is like a life-giving oxygen to my soul, and I've never felt more alive than I do now.

"Let's shift the topic and talk about your dream this morning instead of teasing me about mine." She leaned in and wrapped her arms around my neck, a smirk playing on her lips as she stared at me intensely.

Nakipagtagisan ako sa kanyang mga mata, akala niya siguro mababanatan niya ako sa sinabi niyang 'yon at mapapatigil. "I had the wildest dream this morning. Wanna hear all the juicy details and join in the fun? Let's make it a reality show."

"Stop it." Her cheeks flushed as she realized what I was implying.

"Rhio. . . if you won't stop me right now..." I winced playfully as she lightly punched my arm, then pulled her closer to me, wrapping my arms around her waist as she circled her legs around my waist.

"Zamantha. . . you're not drunk," bulong niya na nakapagpatigil sa 'kin. Gaano ba katinong Zamantha Abvelino ang kailangan niya para hindi na siya nangbibitin?

"Please baby..allow me.."

"Kiss lang.." She chewed her lips in a way that made me want to lean in and take a bite myself. "Just to calm your blood."

"Bakit kiss lang?" angal ko naman agad.

"I'm just helping you! Dapat nagpapasalamat ka!"

"I'm not sure if that's the best approach. It might just stoke the flames within me."

"You're right, it will ignite a fire in you, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for that," she said with a teasing tone, leaning in to give her a gentle kiss on the lips.

"That's a dangerous game you're playing." I captured her lips in mine, feeling a smile tug at the corners of my lips. She responded with a gasp, making it clear that she too was feeling the heat that was building up inside of me.

"Promise me this is just a kiss." I smiled, not wanting to let anything interfere with our moment.

"Promise. . . but I can't promise that I'll be able to stop." My fingers running through her hair as I deepened the kiss, savoring the sweet taste of her lips. I felt her legs squeezing me tightly, causing me to break into a sweat and feel hot all over. I wanted nothing more than to be lost in her, to forget about everything else and just focus on the way she made me feel. But I knew that we needed to slow down, to take things one step at a time. So I pulled back, resting my forehead against hers and breathing heavily. "We should probably stop now."