Chapter 52 - Moved On

TAMED LII - MOVED ON

RHIO RITCHEL'S POV

❝ Love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake - it's everything except what it is. ❞

"SHE loves deep, with all herself or not one bit." Richelle seized the chance to deliver her speech, and everyone listened with rapt attention in profound silence. "Solid siya magmahal eh, all in talaga. Ibibigay niya talaga lahat, tipong wala halos matira para sa sarili niya kaya sobrang nakakahanga."

"One of the purest lessons I learned from her was about kindness. It wasn't just evident when the car crash occurred and her life ended tragically. She taught me the importance of giving without expecting anything in return and doing so without any hidden agenda, which is the essence of unconditional love."

Everyone gasped and whispered in approval as she started to cry, causing me to look down at my black high heels.

"She's both brave and strong," one of the attentive listeners replied. "I couldn't agree more."

Then it was Cash who grabbed the table for her turn. "She's amazing. Although I haven't been in that position, I saw how love can change someone into a selfless person like her. I agree with Richelle that the love she had shown was unconditional and at the same time, heart-wrenching."

"Her death is still the most tragic and upsetting thing. Kahit saang anggulo ito tingnan, iyon talaga pinakamasakit sa lahat, pero ro'n ko siya sobrang hinangaan."

"I once heard a wise person say that we shouldn't wait until it's too late to show our love and appreciation to the people we care about. Instead, we treasure the time with them before they become a memory. Boy best friend ko nga pala 'yong taong 'yan and yeah, isa na rin siyang masaya at malungkot na ala-ala ngayon." She lost her train of thought while speaking, but the crowd was very forgiving and actually joined in by expressing their thoughts on the matter.

"She's not afraid to die because she knows it's gonna be worth it."

"When I get married, I'm gonna tell my kids she's my favorite."

"Rhio.."

"Ritchel?"

"Professor?"

"Ma'am?"

As Richelle patted my back, I flinched and mentally groaned, noticing that everyone was looking at me skeptically. Did I zone out? I had been trying so hard to hold myself together, but I couldn't help shedding a few tears, which I quickly wiped away. Their words had stirred up a lot of bittersweet memories and emotions inside me.

Richelle looked at me and said, "It's your turn, ma'am."

Placing my hands on my hips, I shook slightly. I wasn't expected to give a speech at that moment, nor was I expected to be there in the first place. It dawned on me that no one would be particularly thrilled if I started speaking, but they had no choice but to listen.

With everyone's gaze on me, I gathered the courage to stand up from my seat and make my way towards the small platform at the front. As I walked, I took a deep breath, preparing myself to deliver my words.

"It's.." I closed my eyes exhaling slowly, "It's Ti Moune."

"That's it?" CJ asked, scrunching his eyebrows. I let out a sigh, mirroring his facial expression. It was all his idea, after all.

"Yes."

"Why is it Ti Moune? Of all the characters of Once on This Island, why did you choose Ti Moune as your most favorite? And what were the lessons you've learned from her character?" This time it was Richelle who inquired.