Chapter 15 - Scripted Kiss

TAMED XV - SCRIPTED KISS.

AS if overcome by an unexpected surge of desire, she kissed me passionately and held me in a tight, immobile embrace. In an instant, the electrifying sensation of her lips on mine ignites a fiery desire within me, one that no language could ever convey.

I pushed so hard before I lost it and gave in to her spell, saying that what she did repulsed me and was wrong. I don't know why, but I slapped her suddenly and didn't think it through.

"What the fudge?!" gulat na bulalas ng propesora. "Is that slap part of the script?!"

I'd swear her fiery rage was reflected in my own blazing eyes right about now. Kumuyom ang mga nanginginig kong mga kamay. Not in a pleasant manner, but I feel pretty overwhelmed right now, and all I could really focus on is how badly she fouled up. "P-parte rin ba ng script na halikan ako?"

Her face twisted in anger and so did mine. The fact remains that what she did was morally wrong.

"Stupid! Of course, it is! Oh my gosh!" She's being a little defensive, but who could blame her? Sa aming dalawa, ako pa talaga ang lumalabas na lumabag sa script na sinusunod namin, kunu? Hinalikan niya 'ko! At kahit parte pa 'yun ng script, hindi 'yun sapat na dahilan para gawin niya 'yon at baliwin ako!

"Do you want me to spell it out or are you getting the picture?" In a flash, she scurried to find her script and eagerly shared it with me, leaving me in a daze as I gazed at the words on the page.

Hindi ko alam, may parte sa aking loob na sana wala na lang... na sana hindi ko na lang iyon binasa pa. "Miss Rhio, kahit parte pa 'yun ng script ay hindi mo pa rin dapat ako hinalikan!"

"Hold up! What's the problem with the kissing scene? Was it not up to Hollywood or Kdrama standards? And hey, don't even get me started on that kiss you stole at the acquaintance party!"

Ugh, she's bringing up that night to try and make a point. Ano ito? Singilan ng kiss?

How do I even counter-argue without sounding defensive? I could give her a laundry list of reasons why I kissed her, but let's just say there's one special reason and I wanted to keep it on the tip of my tongue! Ayoko nang balikan ang araw na 'yon kung pwede lang. I have this odd reason for doing what I did, but I'm not quite ready to own up to it.

"What happened during the night of acquaintance party is another thing because. . ." I trailed off, and took a large amount of air. Hindi pa rin kumakalma ang puso ko, para akong mahihimatay sa dami ng aking nararamdaman.

"Say it!"

"K-kasi..." I nibbled on my lip and drew a blank! "It's because we're both girls and this is wrong!"

"Who cares?! We're actors! Your lame excuses don't cut it, Miss Abvelino! Don't be so ridiculous!"

She's right, I'm being absurd right now with my reasonings that don't fly.

"And if we are not? What's the matter if you've kissed a girl? Kabawasan ba iyon sa pagkatao mo?"

Perhaps it's just my reflexive defense mechanism kicking in. If she wanted to give me a slap in return, I wouldn't even care. I knew I messed up by slapping her, and I wouldn't do it again, but I still think that the kiss was inappropriate.

"Oh, I completely forgot something. How could I have been so stupid? Let me get this straight, if it was Brent in my shoes, would you still act like this? You wouldn't hurt him, would you?"

"Miss Rhio, I've had it up to here, cut it out!"

"Come on, answer me already. He's a guy, and you're in love with him, so obviously you're gonna kiss him back and like it!" Pagak siyang tumawa, nanunuya.

I swallowed hard. "Miss Rhio, stop this."

Sinubukan kong kumawala pero mahigpit niya akong hinahawakan sa magkabilang braso. "You think you can just ignore me? Answer me right now, or I swear I'll kiss you again and make it even worse."

I was kind of torn between saying yes to prove a point, but at the same time, I didn't want to stroke and feed her ego by doing so.

"Okay, just slap me again if you really think these lips are truly gross!" She grabbed my collar and got so close to my face with her intense gaze that I could feel the heat radiating off her. Her gaze was so sharp and focused, it was like we were in a staring competition and I was struggling to keep up. "In acting workshops, actors learn about the correct way to kiss their co-stars. I'll give you a taste of what it's like to be in a serious training program where you have no choice but to comply, having already agreed to take part."

In acting classes, actors also learn techniques for communicating with their scene partner during physical or intimate scenes. This could involve using safe words or specific gestures to indicate discomfort or the need to stop the scene.

"The goal of acting workshops is to provide a professional and secure environment for all actors participating in the scene," mariing bwelta ko sa pahayag niya.

"Simplify it for me, Abvelino." Humupa ang galit sa kanyang mukha, may gulat na lumukob sa mga mata niya dahil sa sinabi ko.

"No." It's just a two-letter word that I could say to let her know she needed to stop and understand that I'm not okay with it.

"Oh, how lovely! That was quite the performance!" With one push and a condescending chuckle, she made it crystal clear she wasn't pleased. "I mean, your complete lack of kissing skills and utter lack of acting talent are no cause for concern."

Well, I guess she decided that sticking around for this riveting conversation wasn't worth it.

"I'm sorry. . ."

Without wasting a moment, she gathered up her things and hastily picked up her bag. "It's no big deal, really, Abvelino. You're only a terrible kisser and the worst actress I've ever seen in my entire theater career."

***

I WISH I had reacted differently when the professor kissed me during rehearsal. Though the kiss was part of the script, I should have handled the situation differently and not slapped her, but pushed her away instead.

"Abvelino, wala ka bang payong?!"

"Huwag ngayon, Robles!" Tinabig ko ang payong na inaalok ni Jazzver. Hindi na maganda ang gabi ko katulad ng panahon ngayon kaya wala na siyang masisira pa kung may balak man siya.

Sinalubong ako ni Richelle pagkatapos niyang ipagtabuyan si Jazzver. "Hoy! Bakit ang tagal mo? Akala namin nauna ka na rito sa parking lot kanina kaya hindi na kami umakyat ng studio para sunduin ka!"

"Si Brent? Nasaan siya?" Wala na akong ganang tumuloy sa dinner date, gusto ko na lang umuwi at magpahinga kaya sinadya kong magpaulan para hindi na ako pilitin ng dalawa.

"Kasama ko siya kanina, pero pumasok ulit sa school para hanapin ka sana. Hindi ba kayo nagkita sa dance studio? I'll text him lang, sasabihin ko sa kanyang hindi tayo matutuloy ngayon."

Kanina pa ako iwas nang iwas kay Richelle, nakatitig lang kasi siya sa 'kin na tila binabasa ako. Naulanan ako kaya palagay akong hindi mahahatang naiiyak ako, gumaan na rin naman ang loob ko dahil sa kanya.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" Linapitan ako ng kaibigan. I should have known better than to step out into the rain again. Richelle caught me and forcibly pulled me into her car. "Who did this to you? Si Professor Sandoval ba?"

Umiling-iling ako, hindi ko alam kung paano ko ipaliliwanag. Brent most likely spotted us while we were outside, and he got in the car with concern to make sure I was okay.

"H-hey baby, why the hell are you cryin'?" He asked softly with his palms on my both cheeks.