Prologue

"It's a trap!" you said again, Hiccup rolling his eyes at you.

"Stop it, (y/n)!" Astrid hissed, "I can't hear myself think!"

"Astrid's right." Heather added, "Whatever Viggo's playing at, we need to think about it logically."

"But, I've told you what's happening! I'm trying to help you." You pressed, gritting your teeth in frustration.

"We don't need your negative input!" Astrid growled back, looking hard at the map Viggo had given Hiccup that morning. Hiccup, meanwhile, was sitting by the Maces and Talons game board.

"I'm telling you," you repeated, "Viggo's trying to lead you away from the Edge to give him enough time to destroy it."

"No," Fishlegs said, "that's too simple. Dagur's tried that before, and it didn't work. Viggo must know that."

"I've got it!" you heard Hiccup suddenly say from his seat. He stood up quickly.

"This map Viggo gave us - he isn't trying to lead us away from the Edge. No, that's too easy. What he's really trying to do is keep us away from something else on his side of the gameboard."

"You might be right." Astrid agreed. "But, where do we find this place?"

"I think we can assume that Viggo wouldn't give up any more territory than he has to. So, whatever he wants to keep us away from must be right on the edge of the line. Here!" he said adamantly, "This is where we start!" he said, pointing to a small volcanic island on the northern border of the line.

"But," you intervened, practically certain that this must be a trap. "Maybe that's what Viggo wants you to think. We should at least split up so that the Edge isn't left completely defenseless."

"No." Hiccup interjected. "We should all go. We don't know what we'll meet at this island - we'll be stronger if we all go together."

"But- "

"Don't you know the meaning of following orders?" Astrid coarsely snapped.

"I'm trying to help!" you raised your voice.

"Hiccup's made the final decision, (Y/n), now you need to trust your leader."

You rolled your eyes. You knew arguing wouldn't be of any use now. They wouldn't listen to you. They never listened to you. Fine, they would have to find out the hard way.

A/N: Hi Guys! This is my first story on Wattpad, so I hope you enjoy it! Chapters might vary in length, but I will try to update regularly. That's all for now.

Have a great day!