Chapter 31

"Oh, and I thought I should mention," Ruff added,  "they have the Skrill."

"The Skrill!?" you couldn't help blurting out. Viggo was going to Johann's base with Hiccup and a practically untrainable dragon? You struggled to imagine how this could possibly get any weirder. Whatever was happening, you knew that disaster was imminent.

"How far ahead are they?" you asked urgently.

"Hiccup told us to trail them from a distance. And, well, we might have got slightly distracted by our record..." Tuff admitted.

"Come on!" you shouted insistently, "We need to get there - now!" You knew all too well about the perilous dangers that lay ahead.

Amethyst quickly maneuvered, and flapped her wings determinedly in the direction of the island you had been captured on. Barf and Belch were close behind you. You dreaded to go back to that place, but you needed to. You didn't know why, but something told you you had to get there as quickly as possible, and Amethyst felt it too, soaring through the wind as fast as her wings would carry her. The gales roared in your ears, as you tore through the clouds, but that didn't slow you for a second. Along the journey, Ruff and Tuff briefly explained what they had overheard Viggo telling Hiccup: that Johann and Krogan had deemed Viggo no longer useful to them, and tried to kill him, and Viggo now intended to seek his revenge.

'No, no, no!' you thought to yourself. Like you, Viggo seemed to occasionally allow the prospect of revenge to blind him into hasty decisions. However, from your view, you could see the disastrous consequences as clearly as crystals. It wasn't until that precise moment that you fully realized that, yes, you cared about him. And you would do everything in your power to stop the dreaded events of the future unraveling in reality as horribly as they did in your mind.

You were breathless, when you finally reached the island in half the time it had taken you to flee two weeks ago. As you glided through the cloud cover, you heard an excruciating surge of energy, as if a huge rush of electricity had stormed through the entire island.

"There's Hiccup!" you heard Ruff shout, pointing down to the boy and his Night Fury under a net at the mouth of the tunnel of a cave. But, where was Viggo? The twins quickly soared downwards to blast Hiccup and Toothless free from the net, while you surveyed the situation from the sky, scanning the island frantically for Viggo.

'He must still be inside the cave.' you thought to yourself.

A few moments later, you saw Toothless, followed by Barf and Belch, emerge from the thick smoke of the huge explosion the twins had caused to blow Hiccup free.

"(Y/n)!" you heard Hiccup shout, as Toothless raced towards you.

"Where's Viggo?" you questioned urgently, the desperation of the situation making you willing to forget about your differences for a moment.

Hiccup shook his head, whilst Toothless hovered beside you. You felt as if you were melting from a feeling you couldn't describe as you saw Hiccup's despairing expression.

"W-What...happened...?" you stuttered uncontrollably, fearing the reply, as you noticed the Maces and Talons piece in his hand.

"Hiccup, where is Viggo?"

"(Y/n)," he looked at you with feeling in his green eyes, "he told me that, if I ever saw you, he meant what he said in that letter. He said he was sorry for the way things turned out, and if it was different he would have spent everyday trying to show you that you are the only person he ever truly loved. He said he always thought love was a weakness, but you proved him wrong and he is grateful for it." Tears gathered in your eyes throughout Hiccup's speech, and you could tell his voice was shaking slightly as well. Amethyst had been right all along. Somehow, she had known exactly what Viggo felt, which made the confirmation even more painful as you realized it was all over. You weren't even embarrassed that Hiccup, and soon the rest of the riders, would now know you had feelings for Viggo. That didn't matter now.

"No! I'm going back down there!" you yelled defiantly, refusing to accept what Hiccup had said. You weren't about to just give up on Viggo, because Hiccup said so. You knew Viggo - he was smart and strong, and he was still alive.

"No!" Hiccup insisted, "He sacrificed himself along with the Skrill, (Y/n). You saw that explosion. He's gone..."

Well, if there was one thing you were good at, it was disobeying orders. And, this time, you hardly felt you had a choice.

"I'm going after Viggo." you said weightily.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry about what happened before, okay. About everything - we all are. But this time, please, listen to me. I don't want you getting hurt, and neither would Viggo." he pleaded, stretching out his hand to you.

"Listen Hiccup, I'll never give you any trouble again but, this time, I'm going after Viggo. Let's go Amethyst!" Amethyst dove down towards the island with incredible speed, before Hiccup even had a chance to answer. Judging by the fact you couldn't hear any other dragons following you, you assumed Hiccup had accepted what you said. If he was being honest, and he was truly sorry, he would let you do this. You felt bad for playing on his guilt in order to get what you wanted, but there was no time to think about that now. You didn't care what Hiccup said; Viggo was down there are you were coming for him.

A/N: Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!