⌁ panic ⌁

felix never thought it would be possible to become such a mess in such a short amount of time.

his feelings were tied in a knot at the bottom of his gut and his mind raced frantically, going round in circles. he was sure getting so worked up wasn't healthy, especially when he was getting worked up over someone else.

twisting his head round to the door for the hundredth time, felix's hands went clammy at the thought of changbin not showing up at all. now that would've been hilarious and his fake story would finally be true, but he'd been waiting so damn long and just wanted to finally see the person who'd lead him into a frenzy everytime they texted.

he felt like he was sweating buckets. even the staff that had kindly asked if he would like to order something ( he had declined ) seemed to look worried at his constant loosening of breath and frantic turning towards the door. they must've thought him insane.

why was he so nervous?

changbin watched from the corner of the shop mutely, feeling a smile spread across his face as he observed the other man from a short distance away.

of course, he had invited him to the coffee shop he worked at.

fixing his attire and loosening a breath he didn't know he was holding, changbin approached felix cautiously.

" hello , can I take your order?"

at the sound of a voice felix's head snapped up, and just as he was about to politely decline for the second time, realisation kicked in.

changbin grinned and sat down at the table.

" you're shorter than I thought you would be" felix says, his eyes raking down the other man's figure. he smiled as he said it, knowing it would piss the other off.

changbin scoffed and glared.

" you're more paranoid than I thought you would be" the older male says, referring to those ten minutes of watching felix frantically twist in his seat and become increasingly panicky.

" you watched all of that?" felix gasped, embarrassed that he'd been seen during his short session of a freak out.

"What were you so worried about?" Changbin asked softly, watching Felix's agitation. Their eyes connected.

"That you wouldn't show up."

Changbin smiled as nicely as he could and got up from his seat with a swift movement. Felix's eyes followed him.

"Are you disappointed?"

Changbin watched Felix's eyes drag down him with a slow pace, from his hair that was a messy nest on his head to his ruffled work attire, to his scuffed shoes.

"No."

Changbin chuckled as he left the table to finally get the drink Felix had waited so long to have.

" can you two calm down please? you're driving away customers!"

the two of them looked up with laughter dancing in their eyes and coffee stains littering their clothes in several places. their matching grins were almost terrifying and from the state their clothes were in, Seungmin had reason to be concerned.

he was also concerned that the customers that
entered the shop seemed to sit as far away from the pair as possible, since their laughs rattled the entire building.

seungmin crossed his arms.

"ah, i'm sorry, it's just t-that f-felix-" and within seconds both of them were hysterically laughing again, tears even flowing in some places.

they'd done this for over an hour, right after changbin had gotten matching drinks for the two of them. he then declared that his shift was over and he could do whatever the fuck he wanted, to which he had continually messed around with the other boy , making jokes, spilling coffee, playing pointless games and even giving each other insane dares.

seungmin was done with these two, changbin being an employee or not.

"that's it! both of you, get out before i spill the coffee over your head!"

Changbin scrambled to get up and pick his coat up from where it had been thrown on the floor and continued grinning like a child. Felix kept an equally as rebellious smile plastered on his face.

" im sorry, seungmin-" changbin threw his arms over the angry staff member in return for some forgiveness.

" ah, whatever, binnie. just be in on time on monday, yeah? and please wash your uniform, its's ruined."

changbin chuckled at his friend and with a fleeting glance turned to Felix, who had been observing mutely. the two turned and left the confines of the sickly sweet coffee shop.

they giggled together.

you wouldn't believe that this was their first time seeing each other in the flesh. arm in arm, laughing with each other and nibbling on ice creams they had picked up along their way back, you'd think they were the best of friends.

or, perhaps, something more than that.