⌁waiting⌁

the sky was getting darker by the hour as a pair stumbled out of changbin's apartment, red faced and giggling. finally, they were on their way to possibly be the best night of their lives so far, the concert that would allow them to physically be in the radius of so many idols they had looked up to for years. now that changbin was out of his uncomfortable work clothes, felix had a socially acceptable shirt on ( changbin's, and he had blushed stupidly when he first put it on, as it smelled so like him that he wanted to faint) and they had tried to mentally prepare themselves for the guranteed frantic emotions to come, they started walking together down the street.

arm in arm, once again, because god forbid that felix didn't get at least a single physical touch from his company.

yet, as they walked together, he found himself shying away from the other boy, flashes of the scene he had found in his room creating bubbling turmoil inside.

do i ask him about it?

do i get sympathetic about it?

do i forget it and pretend it never happened?

do i stop my obvious feelings for him, our obvious flirting, do i stop my advances?

he's obviously attached to someone else.

he writes letters to them for christ's sake.

you'd never compare to that love he's writing to

shivers go down felix's spine involuntarily at the onslaught suddenly thrown onto his brain. changbin tilts his head upwards to him, realising the abandonment of a smile on felix's face.

" are you cold? you're shivering."

" a bit."

and, without further warning, felix untangles their linked arms and decides to wrap his arms around the smaller boy instead, one arm on changbin's waist protectively.

changbin grunts uncommitedly at the sudden movement but doesn't shy away, by this point knowing that felix is touchy.

" im doing this because i'm cold, you know. i need to conserve body heat."

"sure you are."

they continue walking together, their embrace becoming more comfortable as they walked.

" i thought you'd be more excited, felix."

" i am!"

" considering how bouncy and energetic you usually are, i'd think you buzzed for seeing your literal idols would make you uncontrollable." changin stated, inquisitively looking at his partner.

" i honestly am!! i'm going insane internally, trust me!" and to prove his point, felix seperated from the embrace and energetically motioned and feined happiness.

truth was, his usual urge to start bouncing off the walls with joy seemed to be smothered by the events that had taken place just over an hour ago.

i shouldnt have read them

not only were they private

but its ruining my night

i cant be so upset about it,

not today.

i wont let it ruin my night

for today at least, felix, forget about it, and worry tomorrow.

felix smiled and leant into changbin once more.

-——————————————————————

as soon as they are remotely close to the vicinity of the venue, it feels as if it's the end of the world and the apocolypse is happening, as shown by the hundreds of people now surrounding them.

felix tightens his grip on changbin's waist unconsciously and starts trying to find a way of intercepting the crowds and get to the entrance as to not get trampled. after pushing all negative things out of his head, felix was confident that he could continue to utilise this burning excitement and happiness inside of him. especially with such an amazing person by his side.

his thoughts were becoming dangerous today, felix concluded.

him and changbin tried to stray from the crowds, opting that they were less likely to be hurt and separated by the mobs of people if they tried to find a way around them, or at least an accessible entrance. and couple that with the fact that it was still slowly getting dark, the sun setting in the sky with their arms tangled around each other, it could've been heart-clenchingly romantic.

-———————————————————————

"can we just go already?"

"we're gonna miss them if we leave the booth, hyung"

"which is why we've been waiting here for so long and are trying to hide behind everyone else just so we dont get spotted?"

"exactly!!!!!"

"i cannot believe you-"

"shush, i need to find a young, gay korean couple in this mess."

"why couldn't lee minho hire someone else to take pictures-"

"shush!!!!!!"

-———————————————————————

hihihihihihihihi

oK IM TRYING TO MAKE PROGRESS IM SORRY IF ITS DRAGGING

also im working on a book rec cause its nice to see ppl occasionally reccomend my book and i definitely want to do the same for others

im sorry if things turn out slow because im back at school now and im tired af :(

hOLY SHIT 20K WHAT IS LIVING IS THIS A FUCKING DREAM AM I HALLUCINATING I DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING ALSO #452 IN FANFICTION HOLY SHIT SOMEONE KILL ME THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING

im in shock

seriously, thank all of you oh so much, you're all too amazing to me and this shit little fanfic. im so grateful to all of y'all!!!!

hope you enjoyed :)

-changlixfixr