⌁ realisation ⌁

"changbin."

the older boy kept his eyes shut whilst lying on his sofa, still fluttering in his sleep like state, not wanting to answer felix, who's legs he was using as a pillow.

felix shifted in his seat, feeling his heart rise in his throat.

"changbin." he reiterated, letting a glint of panic show through.

changbin made a half hearted sound to show he was listening, curling closer to the younger boy, however not feeling the usually melting embrace that they shared whenever one of them was willing to cuddle. instead, changbin felt felix go stiff and agitated beneath his weight, tension rising like steam clouds in the air.

"what is it, felix?" changbin replied with a little more vigor now that he was growing more concerned. (though, his voice was almost muffled in the other's soft grey slacks)

"so, i have this friend called jeongin on twitter right," the blonde boy rambled, "and he DMed me saying congrats and good luck to us and all that." felix swallowed and closed his eyes, laying his head backwards onto the sofa, head sinking into the pillows.

"yeah, i've seen him on instagram as well. isn't he the one who took pictures of us that one night at the concert?" changbin's mind spiralled backwards to that late night and the adorable but slightly frightening photographer jeongin, who followed them for most of the night and took occasional snap shots until the two of them snuck away hand in hand. which then proceeded to their first kiss which then spiralled into more, which then ended up with changbin and his body buried in felix's lap on a saturday night, but that wasn't important.

"mhm, him. so he messaged me, and i said thank you, and he said something really weird."

changbin was starting to become interested. "which was?"

a small gap of silence split the air before felix started.

"he was like, 'im really glad minho told me about you two! the pictures turned out great.' so obviously im really confused, minho told him about us? before i ever actually told him?"

the air feels heavy and changbin watches as felix furrows his eyebrows and closes his eyes, getting ready to continue with a deep breath.

"i kept asking jeongin questions, and, oh my god, he started telling me that minho had asked him to follow us at the concert and that he knew we were a couple and that we would be there together and all this shit, and that minho then told him who we were online and told jeongin our usernames."

"at first i didn't believe him because that sounds ridiculous but jeongin felt bad apparently and sent me screenshots. screenshots." felix repeated the last word with rising anger, eyes now staring off into the blank living room and walls. changbin rose ifrom his position, positively shaken and feeling dread rise in his stomach, enveloping him from the waist upwards. he felt nauseous at the thoughts go through his head.

"minho submitted your art for the competition, didn't he?" changbin murmured softly.

"yeah, i think he fucking did."

———————————————————-

it was all sunshine and rainbows and happiness and fluff until the two realised what had happened and became positively livid.

really, it was not such a a terrible, life-threatening, horrible thing to do, and it got them together after all, but it was felix's breach of privacy and the lies and the fakeness behind it all that caused the younger to feel paralysed against the sofa, clutching his phone in his hands where jeongin had messaged him and uncovered it all. felix felt the prickles of betrayal like daggers being dragged down his back.

"are we sure he did though-" changbin started, suddenly aprehensive and scared of the new anger bubbling, actually scared for felix who seemed about to combust in front of him.

"who else could it possibly fucking be?" changbin couldn't remember the last time felix had sworn so much in one day, and with so much hatred in his voice, it was almost unrecognisable.

changbin stayed silent, though his lips were parted, as if he wanted to answer back, but was too scared to test the waters. things had taken a turn for the worse very quickly.

"it makes perfect sense, changbin. minho would be the only one who would've known all my details, and would've been able to get to my things. not only that, but he's the only one who would ever think this would be a good idea." felix swallowed. his emotions dwindling from his fuelled rage to an even worse lower tone, hushed and scary, causing changbin to retreat away, hugging a pillow to himself tightly with a fierce grip.

"felix, i understand that youre really angry-"

"of course i am! the bastard looked through my things! he submitted things i didn't tell him to! he signed my name onto things i didn't fucking consent to! AND THEN he goes round telling people my identity and tells people to photograph me? say im overreacting, but i'm fucking angry alright!"

changbin could do nothing but watch as felix's usual chocolate brown, sparkling and lively eyes pricked with tears, a single one tumbling down his face.

changbin discarded the pillow with a start and threw his arms around his boyfriend, his boyfriend, who was silently sobbing into his clothes, but changbin couldn't even care less, smothering his own anger and spite to console his shattering partner, changbin's own heart feeling like it was breaking in two.

"im so sorry, felix."

—————————————————————

@minthoe: jeongin just texted me saying that he accidentally told felix that i'd set things up.

@minthoe: felix hasnt answered my calls at all.

@minthoe: he blokced my number

@minthoe: oh mygod i dont know what to do

@minthoe: hes reallly fucking angry

@minthoe: im fucked.
——————————————————————

woo!! an update thats not 286272 years late

also this became so angst compared to the loving soft boyfriends we had last time and i apologise but it needed to happened eventually

writing this was kinda emotional too ngl, i was debating going back to the fluff though doing such a personality switch with felix was interesting :)

would you believe i managed to write this in like a day WHILST on holiday + walking up moutains this is true effort

anyways, i hope you enjoyed this different angsty chapter !!

-changlixfix