⌁ mistakes ⌁

when felix first entered the house, the rain was lightly spitting, odd drops of water coating the earth.  but now, as felix lay tangled up with changbin on his sofa, legs intertwined, television blaring, face still set alight from the confessions said an hour previous and his lips still tingling, the rain thundered and pounded on the glass, as if it wanted to break in.

felix found himself instinctively flinching with every thunder bolt but hey, it was a good excuse to sink into changbin's embrace more. whenever the lightning cracked and he felt himself shudder, his lover's arms would tighten around his waist and felix would curl closer, even though the skinship shown was almost too much at this point. felix felt as if they were slowly melting together, with his own body swathed in changbin's, their legs interlaced, head resting on the other's shoulder and, on the occasion, their lips being interlocked as well.

they had turned on the television as a small distraction from each other, a past-time and an excuse to snuggle up together on the couch. a show was currently being played but neither of the boys paid much attention to it, thoughts still about each other. felix seemed to be the only one who had the courage to say them.

" so are we like, dating now?" felix said with a broadening grin, a smile that made changbin's heart flutter and the butterflies in his stomach flutter too.

" yeah, i think so." changbin said much more calmly than the other, smirking.

felix suddenly sprang up from the sofa, shattering the calm atmosphere with giddiness and excitement appearing on his face.

" so i can, you know, tell everyone i have a boyfriend?" he nearly yelled, jumping up and down out of happiness.

" i mean, yeah, i guess-"

" everyone?!?" felix reiterated, and, seemingly on cue, the rain thundered just outside the window and a new onslaught of rain came gushing down.

felix tried to hide his flinch.

" what's your point?" changbin asked, tilting his head to the side and confused by felix's actions.

" i just want to tell people that i have an amazing new boyfriend." felix sighed, and, as he was previously shaken by the destructiuon outside, let his momentary giddiness fade and settled back into changbin's side, but this time pulling out his phone and starting to type.

" mhm," changbin hummed, getting comfortable once more, " who are you going to tell first?"

felix didn't answer but a suspicious grin was erupting on his face as he continued to type.

changbin rambled.

" i mean, when i said everyone, i didnt mean everyone. like chan, for example, dont tell him, he'd never let me hear the end of it. and, oh god, we cant tell twitter. that'd be so weird, just all of a sudden ' i love the dude i supposedly hate'. yeah, definitely cant do that. everyone would be so confused. maybe we could tell everyone eventually, but slowly i guess. because how do you tell the internet that youve made all this shit up and youre actually in love? honestly, that just sounds like a shitty plot for a fanfiction. that would make no sense whatsoever. so yeah, dont tell twitter-"

" too late."

—————————————————————

" what the fUCK?? wHAT DO YOU MEAN TOO LATE?" changbin screeched horrifically, practically jumping out of his comfortable position on the couch and launching himself at felix, grabbing at his phone.

felix, the little shit, started laughing and turned his phone around to show the petrified other.

maybe it was the fact that felix had just exposed their relationship online, or the fact that he had called it a date with his boyfriend, or the fucking wink at the end of it all, but changbin lost it

he flung himself at the hysterically laughing younger boy and tried to wrestle the phone out of his grip. they both fell backwards onto the sofa, felix defending his phone with all he could  whilst changbin seethed and they grappled together, rolling.

" give me the fucking phone you dipshit!" changbin yelled, limbs flailing to snatch the phone.

felix laughed with tears in his eyes and refused to give up.

" i swear to the love of god, if you dont delete that tweet-"

" am i hurting your reputation?" felix emphasised the last word, his eyebrows shooting upwards and laughing at changbin's face of frustration. the thunder and storm outside seemed to make him even more agitated.

suddenly they were both flipped, felix lying on his back with his phone pressed to his chest protectively and changbin perched on his legs.

the atmosphere seemed to flip as well.

" give me the phone so i can delete that fucking tweet." the older whispered.

felix, huffing and realising he was trapped between the sofa and changbin's weight on his legs, reluctantly passed the phone over to the other, unlocking it as he did so.

the rain roiled and yelled.

changbin, still panicking over the whole ordeal, scanned for the twitter app and tapped on it frantically.

they waited as the home screen stayed blank and refused to load.

" come the fuck on." changbin muttered, praying to whatever god that he could delete that fucking tweet before it was too late.

" it's because of the storm. the internet's horrible." felix truthfully pointed out.

" great." changbin groaned, and, realising that the app wouldnt load up never mind allow him to delete anything, threw the device lightly back at felix and shifted off his legs.

" its okay babe, dont worry. whats the worst they can say?" the younger, clutching his phone again, tried to console his boyfriend, " i just wanted people to know that i have a boyfriend. i overreacted. im sorry."

changbin didn't answer.

" i really hope youre not mad."

once again, no answer.

" oh my god, changbin im so sorry i didnt-"

" did you just call me babe?"

——————————————————————

AAAAAAAAAA

this got a bit stuck towards to end but tHATS FINE

also yes i know its predicatable and makes no sense and it would be sUPER WEIRD to all of a sudden confess that shit, but i tRIED and did my best to make it as unintentional as i could??? iM A PANICKED AND STRUGGLING AUTHOR PLEASE FORGIVE

tALKING ABOUT PANICKING HOLY FUCKING SHIT, 50K VIEWS??? i REMEMBER GETTING HIGH ON THOSE FIRST FEW DAYS WHEN I GOT 100 VIEWS AND HERE I AM WITH AN OVERRATED BOOK THAT NEEDS A LOT OF WORK WITH SO MANY VIEWS??? iTS INSANE AND I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH, hONESTLY

with that being said, i hope you enjoyed this roller coaster of a chapter!!

-changlixfix