Chapter 1: Battle

A battle waged between Autobots and Decepticons. The Autobots however had human assistance. The humans were merely an annoyance to the Decepticons, but they also knew the humans weren't always so keen on listening to their Autobot 'friends'.

As Megatron blasted away at Bumblebee and Arcee, he noticed one human in a black suit talking into some sort of radio. The human was smirking and gave a signal to four other humans wearing the same ensemble. Megatron order his minions to increase their rates of fire, which caused the Autobots to duck behind some rubble for cover.

Megatron could see Starscream launching his ammunition at the enemy, laughing maniacally as he did so." At least he's not trying to assassinate me for a change..." He grumbled. Starscream was indeed his Second in Command, but the seeker was traitorous little thing too. He always wanted to take over Megatron's throne and kill him. Each attempted failed miserably of course.

Thinking about this now, he hated the little twit. He wished he'd hadn't allowed him back at his side attempt after attempt. It was amusing at first, but now it was just plain annoying. He especially hated fighting alongside the seeker. He never knew what exactly would happen in a battle with Starscream that could possible lead to his demise. A betrayal? A sudden 'miscalculated' shot? Anything really. Luckily Soundwave was watching over this battle. Of Starscream tried anything, it'd be broadcasted all across the ship. Starscream wouldn't become the next Lord. He'd be scrapped. 

Suddenly a flying noise occurred that shook Megatron from his thoughts. It was followed by a flash of blinding light and an audio blistering noise. An explosive. Megatron felt the shrapnel of the explosion and got knocked back a bit, but something had gotten between him and the explosive in just the nick of time.

Looking to see what subordinate or basic minion had taken the blast, Megatron was in utter shock to see the bot laying on the ground in a pool of Energon in front of him. Starscream. Megatron stuttered, unable to form any coherent vocalization. Starscream lay there unmoving. His optics offline, left wing severely damaged, right wing damaged less terrible, legs missing, left arm missing, and a huge hole in his side.

Megatron gathered his wits and shook his head, pulling Starscreams offline body to cover before calling for a bridge. As soon as the bridge appeared Megatron ordered an immediate retreat. He rushed through the portal and immediately ran towards the medbay, holding the currently offline body of Starscream close to his chassis.

"Knock Out! Prepare an emergency medbay!! Severe injuries and missing limbs!" He ordered through a communications link." Right away Lord Megatron!" Knock Out responded, immediately prepping a berth to operate on. Megatron soon appeared in the room, his armor slathered in Starscream's Energon.

Knock Out had his lord set Starscream gently down in the operation table. He began to work quickly, only stopping every 60 nanoclicks to look at his oddly worried lord's expression. Once the serious injuries were dealt with and the Energon leaking was stopped, Knock Out turned to his lord after disposing of Decepticon medical gloves.

"So how did this happen my Lord?" Knock Out asked curiously." Starscream usually isn't this reckless or idiotic." That made Megatron's frown deepen." He sustained these injuries when he...threw himself in front of an explosive...for me." He responded reluctantly. Knock Out actually gasped in shock." Starscream saved you?! He must've been bugging out if that's true. He hates you! Why in the name of Primus would he save you after attempting to kill you so many fragging times?!" Knock Out yelled a bit in confusion.

"I don't know." Megatron replied, looking over at Starscream's now recharging form. He still was missing his three limbs, but those parts just needed to be custom fitted and engineered by Knock Out. That would take about one earth month per limb. Maybe more for Starscream's arm." I guess I'll just have to find out when he awakens."