Chapter 9: Awaken

"Megatron, awaken." An ominous voice announced through the darkness." The expiration of Primus is at hand." Megatron groaned as the voice started to sound familiar." Move swiftly my vessel, the time is now." Megatron gasped and put his optics online, recognizing the voice at last. Unicron.

Megatron hissed in slight pain, taking note of the scarred claw marks on his servo from when Starscream tried to hold on to him. His optics widened at the thought, Starscream. Starscream must still be alive if he survived the fall into Unicron's pit. He attempted to reach the seeker through their bond, but was met with some kind of interference. Either Starscream was the one deceased, or he was no longer on the planet.

Megatron quickly transformed, flying out of the whole and landing at the top. He frowned a bit in confusion as a statue stood near the pit. It was a statue of him. It had a plaque on it as well. It read," Lord Megatron of the Decepticons perished here. May he be resting peacefully in the Well of Allsparks." He frowned deeper as he realized what was happening. He had awoken from some sort of stasis. He must've been down in that pit longer than he initially thought.

It was easy enough getting Autobot attention. He just had to attack a human military base. Soon he saw a group of Autobots roll up to the base, transforming quickly with guns ready. Megatron changed to his regular form as well. The group of Autobots looked shocked, but not as shocked as the head of the squad." Megatron?!" The mech yelled in shock. Megatron hummed for a second before he realized that this bot was...familiar. Too familiar. He then had a shocked expression of his own," Optimus's scout? You can speak again?" Megatron questioned. Bumblebee frowned and aimed at Megatron's chest." How are you alive? We all thought that fall into the pit killed you!" Bumblebee said with a surprisingly not offended tone.

Megatron shrugged in response." I seem to have been in stasis for quite some time. I'm just as surprised as you that I did not perish due to the fall." He said, walking forward." Tell me scout, what has occurred while I was away? How is my...army? Is Starscream leading it properly?" He asked. Bumblebee sighed and invited Megatron into the base." There's a lot to tell so you may wanna sit down." He said softly. Megatron sat on an autobot sized chair and sighed." So, what all has happened?"

"After your signal was lost and we couldn't find your spark on any readings, we assumed you had died due to the fall. Starscream thought so too, he seemed way more depressed about it that we thought he would. He especially shocked us when he handed over the Omega Keys and disbanded the Decepticons." Bumblebee explained. Megatron's mouth went agape in shock. Starscream had disbanded the Decepticons and surrendered to the Autobots." He said ruling the Decepticons would be pointless without you."

Megatron looked down and sighed sadly." It's not surprising that Starscream would have fallen into a state of depression after my demise." He said." After all, we had just bonded the night before." He admitted. Bumblebee's optics widened, but he didn't let the shock show on his face too much. Megatron looked up at Bumblebee and frowned." Is Starscream deceased? Our bond is being blocked by something. Either that something is death, or he's off planet." He asked. Bumblebee rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly." Well he's alive, but you're not going to be happy about his current life."

Megatron quirked an eyebrow." Why wouldn't I be happy that he's alive?" He asked with irritation in his voice. Bumblebee sighed and comm linked someone, a bridge portal opening near them." I'll let my mate explain." He said and motioned for Megatron to follow. Megatron followed through the portal, arriving at a scrap yard that had a space bridge in it. Bumblebee activated the space bridge, ordering his team to stay behind for a little while he took Megatron to Cybertron. Megatron followed him through the portal and was shocked to see a gorgeous Cybertron in his optics. It was exactly as he had hoped to renew the planet one day.

Bumblebee led him to a medical facility, knocking on a door before a groan came from inside." Listen here scraphead I'm not on..." the voice trailed off as the door opens. Knock Out stood there, mouth agape as he saw Bumblebee and Megatron standing there. He then pouted and grossed his arms." You've got a lot of explaining to do Bee." He said irritatedly. They went into the office, sitting down in the chairs before Knock Out spoke." So...you survived the fall." He mumbled. Megatron nodded and sighed." Yes. Bumblebee informed me that you know what happened to Starscream. Could you please tell me? You know we were bonded correct?" He asked. Knock Out nodded and sighed a bit, standing up." Starscream is alive, but his current living conditions aren't the best. After your apparent demise he left Cybertron to go...think...for lack of a better explanation. He was severely depressed, but when he came back he said he was ready to take control of the diplomatic ways of Vos." Knock Out explained." However, another seeker had already taken his place. Since no records existed about seeker culture anymore, Optimus had no choice but to appoint that seeker King of Vos when Starscream was a no show. So now, for the best interest of the seekers, Starscream is that guys 'betrothed'." He said making air quotes." That guy is a piece of scrap though. Starscream comes here all the time with dents, fractures, and lacerations. That guy likes to kick the scrap out of Starscream, but he says he has a duty to Vos and his seekers to stay." Knock Out stopped after he noticed Megatron's dark expression." So...some piece of scrap thinks they can abuse my mate and get away with it?" He growled then stood up abruptly." I'll tear out his spark!!" He yelled angrily. Knock Out sighed and shook his head." I've known about this for awhile, but confidentiality prevented me from saying anything. However you two being bonded lets me be able to tell you confidential information. Now, if you're open to this plan, I'll get ahold of Optimus so we can stage a rescue operation for Starscream." He said softly. Megatron nodded and placed a hand over his chassis." I'd do anything to save my mate."