Chapter 4: Thirst

A battle ensued after Starscream's arrival in the throne room. A battle of words between him and his Lord. Knock Out and Soundwave had vacated the area along with the rest of the soldiers to avoid getting involved in the conflict.

Fangs were barred between mechs, shouting at each other for no apparent reason other than to make a scene. The yelling battle went on for what seemed like hours until Megatron couldn't take it anymore," Did you ever think I was avoiding you because I didn't want you to survive the explosion?!" He shouted out of anger and irritation. He instantly regretted it. Those harsh words made Starscream flinch like he had been struck and his mouth finally stop moving. A look of depression shown on Starscream's face, optics welling with Energon tears. Starscream turned quickly, rushing out of the room." Starscream! Wait! Come back!"

Starscream ran as fast as his legs would carry him. Up to the top of the Nemesis he ran, until he came to the flight deck. He sighed as he felt the cool wind on his face, both his working and damaged wing twitching happily from the sensation. Looking over the edge of the ship, Starscream felt the final stages of Sky Thirst taking over his thoughts." Fly." He mumbled to himself, optics fuzzing from his loss of proper cognitive functioning." Want to...need to..." he mumbled in a monotone mantra, getting closer and closer to the edge of the Nemesis.

Megatron finally made it to the flight deck, allowed a gasp of horror to escape his vocals. He quickly sprinted towards his SiC, grabbed the seeker tightly by the waist. He slammed all his weight down to the deck floor, taking Starscream with him. Megatron panted a bit from the emotional and physical exhaustion he just went through. He wasn't used to this kind of thing at all, especially not from Starscream.

Looking at the seeker, Megatron sighed heavily. He tightened his grip when Starscream squirmed a bit." Want to...need to..." Starscream repeated again and again, making his lord even more concerned in the process. Megatron set his chin on Starscream's forehead and let out a sigh. Starscream wasn't protesting to being held much, which both relieved and concerned Megatron at the same time. He knew getting up was out of the question. Starscream could try and squirm out of his grip and fling himself off the ship. He'd just wait until his SiC gained normal cognitive functions again.

It took hours before Starscream finally 'came to' for lack of better terms. He looked up and let out a surprised sound when he saw Megatron holding onto him like he was a needy sparkling." Starscream?" Megatron asked curiously, cocking an metal eyebrow." Yes my liege?" Starscream responded with a bit of an uneasy quiver in his voice. Megatron let out a sigh of relief and genuinely smiled." Don't ever do that to me again." He said softly. He held the seeker a little bit closer and was surprised when Starscream didn't fight back. Instead of fighting, Starscream asked a perfectly valid question." Did you mean what you said back in the throne room?" His voice cracked with emotion when he asked it. Megatron shook his head and frowned." I didn't mean any of it. I'm glad you're alive Starscream."

They sat up there together like that for awhile longer, Starscream recharging in the normally menacing gladiator claws. He had relaxed so much that his wings were spread out on Megatron's chest, making him look as though he had new spiky chest plates. Starscream's legs were off to the side a little, sitting across Megatron's leg.  Megatron gazed down at the seeker on his lap, thoughts running rampant. One thought that stuck however was," Starscream fits me perfectly." The thought was correct. Had the pair been sitting on Megatron's throne, any new drone would assume Starscream wasn't Second in Command and that he was 'Queen' of the Decepticons instead.

Megatron let those thoughts seep deeper and deeper into his spark. He thought of what Starscream would look like on his lap during interrogations, meetings, and the like. He thought of waking up next to Starscream every morning, the sun's beautiful morning sky illuminating the seeker's delicate metal. He thought of what an heir would look like, his beautiful Starscream would be while carrying, and much more. Looking down at the sleeping form of Starscream one last time, Megatron planted a gently kiss on his helm. His feels were solidified, he'd no longer avoid them. Not after today's emotional roller coaster.