Chapter 22

Aurelia esme

A week before Finn gets back

I groaned in frustration when i realize that, once again after rereading my notes from class and the chapter in the book i still had no idea what i was doing.

I kept reading the lines over and over trying to process the information, but at this point it felt like i was studying a foreign language than something i have been studying.

I let out a groan and leaned back and rubbed my tired eyes, hoping that maybe giving my eyes a small break would hopefully make what seemed like foreign language make sense to me.

My eyes really did need a break from seeing since they did feel tired after reading books and my notes. I leaned back on my bed taking my break and noticed that the clock in my dorm room read 9:15pm.

I sat back up and noticed my scattered notes all over the bed and on the floor and i knew that maybe trying to figure everything by next week for my final may not be possible.

I looked at all these complex formulas for my class, hoping that by some miracle could process all the information. I knew that i would need a little help, but i didn't know if i should ask.

I looked back down at my notes, and seeing the clock tick away, and that madder the choice for me... i would need help.

I reached for my phone, and looked up the contact that I was looking for... Milo. I was about to call him but looking at the time i felt that it was only right that i should text him first, since for all i knew he could be asleep not even needing to study since this wasn't difficult for him.

Are you still awake?

It doesn't take long for me to get a response. I looked down at my phone and i couldn't help but smile a bit.

Yeah, what's up?

I let out a small breath of relief and dial his number. It rings once, before he answers.

"Hey Lia," he greets me, already feeling a smile grow on my face at just hearing his voice over the phone.

"Hey, Milo," i respond with a sigh.

"You sound tired. What's wrong?"

"I've been reading about this math formulas and a bit of the chemistry questions for about an hour now, and nothing is sticking. I literally feel that I am reading some unknown language", i said over the phone as i covered my eyes with my hand.

He chuckles, "Alright. Did you call me just to complain about it, or do you want some help?" He teases.

I roll my eyes, even though i know he can't see it.

"Can you please help me? I don't understand what the book is saying, and my notes aren't helping either. So could you please help me Milo," i ask nicely.

"Yeah, the book just covers the basics, and I'm pretty sure since you spent most of the time in both those classes doodling in your notebooks, so I can imagine your struggle", he told me.

"Well that was very helpful. Thank you so much for the help Milo," i respond sarcastically, unintentionally letting my frustrations show.

"Calm down, Miss Sass, I'll gladly help you," he replies back. He's quiet for a moment and you can hear the faint sound of him flipping pages in his text book. "You know what looking over my notes, I think it would be better if you came over. I can explain it much better if you came over."