Chapter 27

Aurelia Esme

I run to Wyatt while kneeling down besides him

"Holy shit, what happened to you!?" I say while taking my hoodie off and wrapping it around his leg.

"What does it look like? I've been shot," He replies sarcastically.

He twitches a little when i Knott the hoodie together, to keep the blood from coming out.

"Well this was one hell of a way to surprise you wasn't it?" He smiles.

"Yes it was, Are you okay? We need to get you out! I'm going to kill the motherfucker who did this to you!"

"Aurelia, calm down! I'm okay. Well I wasn't until you came but I'm okay. I'm here with you and that's all I need right now. And maybe some medical attention." He laughs a bit.

"We need to find a place to hide, if the shooter comes back." I say getting up and picking up a few of Wyatt's things.

"Okay," He says trying to stand up.

"No, no, no you're staying put cowboy. Just put all your weight on me, I'll manage."

He had a weak smile, I noticed there was no way he was going to be able to stand.

"Maybe, just drag me?"

"Yeah, I'll go with that."

I grab his backpack and slide the part of the leg where it is shot on top of it, then I grab both his hands and begin to drag him to the nearest room which was the janitors closet.

There was a few blankets and emergency kits in there so I laid a blanket down for Wyatt and placed him on it.

"Thank you Aurelia, you literally saved my life." I kiss him on the cheek and smile.

When I hear footsteps down the hall. Wyatt hears it too and makes a signal to hide.

I sit with my knees pulled up to my chest, trying to stop the suffocating feeling in my lungs and stomach. My heart hurt and tears stream down my face, no end in sight. I don't wanna die I thought. I don't wanna die.

The footsteps come closer and closer it feels like forever. I lay on the ground praying that the shooter wouldn't see me. I look through the little space and see possibly the shooters shoes. I stop breathing for a second. Then he continued on walking.

Thank god.

I hear my phone ringing and I see it laying within hand reach. I grab it and answer without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?" My mumbled, scratchy, strained voice whines out.

"Aurelia? Are you alright, love?" Milo asks weak.

"Milo!, I'm fine! Are you okay? My love." I say.

"Princess, just stay on the phone, please?" He begged.

"Of course Milo of course." I said getting panicked.

"Promise me something." He said.

"Anything."

"After I'm gone, every time you think about me, I want you to remember just our happy moments and be happy for them. I don't want you to cry or be sad over me. Every time you cry remember that wherever you are, I will always love you." He said.

What was he talking about?

"He shot me. I'm going to die. Soon." He said with a quiet voice.

"Don't say that, remember when you promised you will never leave me alone." I said as i held one of the shelves nearby trying to handle my breathing.

"That's the problem, I didn't know my promise would only last a short amount of time, I'm scared of breaking my promise. I'm scared of dying, I'm scared of not knowing when will be the last time I see you. I-I don't want to die." He said.

"Well, it's not gonna be today."

"I love you Aurelia,"

"Don't say that Milo, Because I love you means goodbye."

"I love your eyes. The first time I saw you I couldn't stop staring at them." He said.

"The first time I saw you I noticed how shy you were and I really liked it." He said. "I also fell in love with the way you look at me with those beautiful eyes always asking for attention." He said
"I fell in love the way you fall sleep: slowly, and then all at once." He said.

"Milo, I"

"Goodbye my love, I will always love you."

"Milo!, Milo! Answer please!"

Tears fell down my eyes as I slid down the wall. My heart ached. I couldn't focus properly.

He was gone.

-

Rest In Peace Milo 🖤