Chapter 24

Wyatt Oleff

Flashback to a month ago

"So...How is Chicago treating you? And how's your mom doing?" Finn asked me through my phone, we were FaceTiming and catching up with each other we did this every other week.

I sigh "Well, Chicago... we're to start, I'm thinking of applying to a college here since I'm practically going to live here now and yeah, I mean it's okay, just not as great as Cali. My moms doing great! She's getting better every day now." I reply back.

"Oh wow that's great that your thinking about applying for college! And that's so great that your mom is getting better because I literally love her. She's practically my second mom," he says while fiddling with he's keychain he got from Hawaii a few years back.

"So.... Aurelia, how is she?, have you got back together yet?" I say sitting up a bit.

He paused for a minute, most of the questions we've been asking each other were simple and quite short but this one he really had to think.

"Well to be completely honest. She's different now," he said putting his key chain down.

"I was too much of an asshole to see how beautiful she really was. Her heart is so beautiful, she cared so much about me, and I never understood why. I never treated her the way she deserved to be treated. But you, you treated her the way she should be treated. I don't know why she didn't stay with you. I can't believe she wasted all those tears on me."

"Well, i guess she's growing. She knows what she wants now, that's what sucks about life."  I say back.

"Yeah." Was all he said.

I get out of my flashback when the flight attendant taps my shoulder and tells me to take my seat. Today I finally get to see Aurelia and all my friends. God I missed them so much.

I didn't mind flying, i just hated take off. This is what happens when you watch to much documentaries of air plane crashes.

I sat up uncharacteristically straight, my hands were shaking rigidly, I started gripping my knees as i tried to figure out how to get through this on my own – if i kept control of my breathing and didn't look out the window and kept my phone close, I could put my music on as soon as we reached altitude and then I'd close the window and sleep.

A fairly young girl, not much younger than me but a teenager probably still in high school took the seat next to me. I glanced at her, forcing a smile and then planning how I'd try not to cry in front of the girl.

A few minutes later, i put my hands on the back of her chair and the one in front, scaring her a little bit.

"Nervous flyer?" She asked.

I blushed and nodded. "It's just take off, I'm fine after that." I mumbled.

"See I'm the opposite – it's the landing I hate. I get this funny feeling in my stomach and I usually burst into tears." She shrugged.

I smiled. "I'll hold your hand, if you like. That usually helps me." She held her open palm to mine and i took it, intertwining my fingers with hers.

"We don't take off for, like, another twenty minutes?" I questioned.

She smiled. "I know."

A few moments later she cowered into my touch, leaning in closer to me. I lifted the arm rest and put my arm around her.

"Oh... my names Wyatt, Wyatt Oleff."

She smiled, taking my hand again and shaking it.

"Violet Brooks nice to meet you."

Aurelia Esme

Monday

It's that time of year again; Exams. Every year is the same. I always get myself into a mess. Stressing out over every little thing. Milo and I were making our first exam, Biology. These last two months have been so hectic, a few weeks ago I had started to get real bad migraines and vomiting. But I guess it's to do with all the drama and getting ready for exams. Nothing new.

We sat down in our seats, i was so nervous. We had five minutes until we started the exam, I looked over at Milo at shot him a bland smile. He leaned over to me while sliding his pencil behind his ear.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, to be honest I loved it when he was concerned about me, it was hot.

"Yeah, just really stressed. I want this over a done with, i seriously cannot wait to spend the summer with you."

He kisses my cheek. "Same, once exams are done we are hitting the beach!." He said making me cheer up a tinny bit.

"Okay, okay everyone calm down. You have two hours to complete this exam, good luck." My professor said so I got to working.

-

Wyatt Oleff

I still had an hour till we landed m, this flight was probably the best. Violet had made me calm down a bit and I actually really wanted to get to know this girl she was real pretty and it seemed like she was pretty chill with everything.

"So What made you come to beautiful California?" She asked while adjusting herself in her seat.

"Well... I went to college here but I had to move to Chicago because my mom got really sick and I guess she needed extra help with things, so I moved. But today I'm going to surprise my friends they weren't expecting to see me till next year."

"Oh that's so sad, I hope your mom is okay! And your friends are lucky to have a friend like you." She said while putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Uh- so what made you come here?" I asked her.

"Well, I'm from California, but I chose to go to University in Chicago just to have a little adventure and I guess meet new people. But today like you, I'm surprising my family. First my twin brother. He goes to college here in California we haven't seen each other in a year so this will be very exciting."

"You're really interesting, not to be weird." I laugh a bit.

"No it's fine! I think your interesting too!" She said while laughing along with me.

"So what College does your brother go and what's his name? I might know him."

"He goes to *random college in cali* and his name is Milo Brooks."

I start thinking for a moment then remembered who he was. Finn's roommate!.

"Oh yea, I know him. He was my friends roommate!" 

"It's a small world Oleff."

"Very small."